As a Pilot Instructor, you are responsible for delivering CH148 operational training, as well as mission or maintenance Integrated Information Environment (IIE) services or applications. Training is conducted in classrooms, simulators, maintenance training devices, and CH148 aircraft. Pilot Instructors can be assigned to regularly scheduled training serials, as well as ad-hoc scheduled training events. Pilot Instructors also provide/perform Subject Matter Expert (SME) input and review to Training Program Support Cell Lead and Instructional System Designers on training documentation, courseware development, or revision change packages.
- Prepare and maintain instructional lesson plans for the conduct of instruction on the CH148 Cyclone aircraft system and sub-systems.
- Conduct classroom and practical instruction on the CH148 Cyclone aircraft system and sub-systems.
- Conduct pilot instruction and assessment in the CH148 Flight Simulator on aspects of Cyclone flight operations.
- Conduct pilot instruction and assessment in the CH 148 aircraft on assigned aspects of Cyclone flight operations.
- Maintain working knowledge of all aspects of Maritime Helicopter Operations.
- Be prepared to maintain the currency of a Canadian Air Transport Pilot (Helicopter) or FAA Civilian Air Transport Pilot License (Helicopter) and Instrument Rating.
- Be prepared to complete Rotary Wing Underwater Escape Training, and survival training.
- Be prepared to complete training/qualifications as required by Sikorsky Helicopter Company.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient conduct of operations at the Fumerton and Bing Training Centre (FBTC).
- Be prepared to work independently or as a team member on assigned projects related to MHTC operations.
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as detailed in the FBTC Pilot Instructor/SME Job description.
- Have completed at least one operational tour in the Maritime Helicopter environment.
- Possess a current ATPL(H) Helicopter Pilot License with Group 4 Instrument Rating or FAA Equivalent with valid Category 1 medical.
- Possess or be capable of attaining a NATO Secret security classification on hire.
- CH148 or S-92 Flying Experience.
- Proven ability in planning and problem-solving.
- Demonstrate a good skill level in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in a stressful environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of common office computer software applications.
- Thorough understanding and application of RCAF Training doctrine, policies, and practices (CFITES).
- 10+ years of Military experience.
- Former experience as a Military Flight Instructor on the Maritime Helicopter, or other military aircraft, or as a civilian flight instructor (AIMB or QFI or civilian equivalent qualification).
The following items are highly desirable and would be assets on application.
- Proven ability to communicate in both Canadian official languages.
About Bluedrop Performance Learning
Bluedrop provides unique SaaS-based workforce development solutions to help government and corporate customers improve employment outcomes and keep workers safe. By understanding the complex operating environments of its target markets, BLN’s solutions are able to address multiple stakeholders. These solutions help workers to manage mandatory certifications, apprentices to track new skills at work, the unemployed to get jobs, the underemployed to advance, dreamers to start businesses, and local businesses to grow. Typical customers include workforce investment boards, apprenticeship authorities, government agencies, NGOs and workers’ compensation boards.