Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTSI) is looking for a proactive and professional individual to serve as a Web-App Programmer. Under the authority of the Director of Products & Development, this individual will work with our development team to develop and maintain our suite of eLearning products.
- Work with our core development team to plan, design, code, test, and deliver our web-based eLearning products.
- Build sophisticated, highly interactive, API driven web applications for desktop and mobile.
- Write clear, concise, well tested code and deploy it rapidly and iteratively.
- Connect with various applications and data sources to integrate data and functionality.
- Provide design and documentation at an application or function capability level.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining application standards and processes.
- Debug and resolve software problems.
- Provide status/progress reports.
- A University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a combination of education and previous experience would be considered.
- Strong knowledge of a common server-side framework like PHP, Coldfusion, or ASP.NET.
- Strong analytical skills for complex and creative problem solving.
- Experience using:
- HTML & HTML5
- Relational Databases
- Strong understanding of standards required to support multiple web browsers/versions and best practices required to get consistent results in both behaviour and layout.
- Self-motivated and strong desire to be part of a team.
- Strong commitment to quality.
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance.
About Bluedrop Performance Learning
Bluedrop provides unique SaaS-based workforce development solutions to help government and corporate customers improve employment outcomes and keep workers safe. By understanding the complex operating environments of its target markets, BLN’s solutions are able to address multiple stakeholders. These solutions help workers to manage mandatory certifications, apprentices to track new skills at work, the unemployed to get jobs, the underemployed to advance, dreamers to start businesses, and local businesses to grow. Typical customers include workforce investment boards, apprenticeship authorities, government agencies, NGOs and workers’ compensation boards.