We are in pursuit of becoming the world’s #1 online sports betting authority and we are looking for a passionate and experienced Brand and Creative Designer to join our ever-growing design team. By joining the Covers team, you will have the chance to execute creative briefs from conception to execution.
What You’ll Do
- You will be developing the Covers brand & systems for a range of platforms
- You will be creating designs used across a product that will range from illustration, photography, motion, and other creative solutions
- You will be communicating design vision and creative intent via storyboards/mood boards
- You will champion visual accessibility, ensuring colour contrast, fonts, media are appropriate for the experience, audience and device.
- You will collaborate with Product designers to enhance the experience and guide visual exploration effectively
- You will give and solicit feedback from other team members in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- You will inspire through creative visions that will drive our experiences to be more aesthetically pleasing for our users
- You will partner closely with Product Design, Marketing, Social Media and Content folks to provide context, support and guidance as our team works toward our objectives
- You will work with the Design team on developing and steering the long-term design strategy and design direction
What You’ll Bring
- You have a vision. You love thinking big and at the same time you know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Track record of developing outstanding creative work across multiple formats such as social media, video and photography content as well as illustration.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the design or digital media space
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Graphic Design or other relevant experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) and knowledge of Figma
- Exceptional sense of visual design, including typography, colour theory, design systems, and grid systems
- Strong problem solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and collaborate at all levels
- Experience with motion graphics, including animation and gifs an asset
- Knowledge of sports or sports betting is advantageous but not required
What We Can Do For You
- A competitive base salary package
- Individual and company performance based annual discretionary bonus
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, public holidays, birthday, office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Health and dental benefits
- 5% company matched pension contributions
- Self-driven annual training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
- Dog friendly office
- Free parking
We’re becoming the world’s leading sports betting authority by making smarter sports bettors.
We’re a digital platform that brings together expert insight, rich user experience and a passionate community to help sports bettors bet smarter. In the overwhelming world of sports betting, we’ve created a single place where people who love the risk and rush of competition come together to share their passion and harness our 26 years of expertise, to build their game, win more consistently, and have fun doing it.
We currently see 20 million sports fans visit our site annually, and our goals for the coming year are aggressive. We’ve doubled the size of our company in 12 months, and plan to do so again in the next 24.
One thing is for sure: we’re set for a big next season.
Covers.com is serviced by NS Sports Media Pros Ltd., a related company who specializes in professional services and is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.