At Cabco, we are all about making Connections that Matter and we realize that it is our people that make the difference. With more than 40 years in business, we have a wealth of experience in our fields of play, but we are always on the lookout for the next team member to take us to a new level. Are you ready to join the team?
What Does Cabco Bring to the Table?
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive benefits package with a focus on employee wellness
- Company pension match plan
- Paid vacation and milestone service awards
- On-the-job paid training, mentoring and opportunity for career growth
- An amazing team and company that lives its core values of our people, customers, community, growth, integrity, and safety.
We are hiring for the role of Manager, Outside Plant Projects in our Dartmouth location. Reporting to the COO you will be an integral member of leadership team who demonstrates and promotes our core values. Essential responsibilities include:
- Planning, coordinating and executing project plans, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget
- Assist operations staff with safety and quality control
- Promoting a culture of health, safety and environmental protection in the division by taking an active role in the JOHS committee and adhering to our safety program. This involves managing tool box talks, safety inspections and attending monthly safety meetings with key customers
- Accepting work from customer via email or portal and updates/tracks all new work with customers in excel, word and/or any other applicable software
- Conducting weekly update calls and face to face meetings with management and customers; establishing ideal dates for field scheduling and updates current status of all projects
- Updating the customer on a daily/weekly basis on current projects
- Verifying that any work being issued to a field foreman has valid permits, locates, and other required information
- Ensuring that job packages are complete for the lead technician
- Performing general administrative and record-keeping functions, including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; maintenance of files, logs, drawings, specifications and submittals, time sheets and vacations
- Preparing purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment
- Supporting the subcontractors in scheduling (traffic control, electrical etc.)
- Assisting in the preventative maintenance and repairs of company vehicles and equipment
- Performing other related duties as required
If you check the following boxes, we would love to hear from you:
- 5 to 10 years of related experience working within Telecommunications or Outside Plant construction or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Familiarity with protocol and practices of large telecommunications providers in the Maritimes
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations and a commitment to safety
- Positive attitude and the ability to communicate clearly and collaboratively with multiple project stakeholders in order to interpret their needs
- Capable of identifying issues and generating solutions in moderately complex situations
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs
- Flexibility to work on an on-call basis, as needed
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- Minimal valid class 5 drivers license with air brake endorsement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As Atlantic Canada’s oldest communications integrator, customers have been trusting Cabco for more 40 years. We do this by offering a wide breadth of solutions from network cabling, telephony, wi-fi and security systems that will provide their team with the information they need, where and when they need it. We believe that our role isn’t just to sell and install quality products, anyone can do that, but to make the entire process as seamless, simple and predictable as possible. All of this is backed by the best customer service in the region, measured independently through our participation in the Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey. Ask us about our NPS score and what it means!