As our business grows, Cabco is seeking a Security & Cabling Technician to work out of our Dartmouth, NS office.
A self-starter with a passion for technology, you are comfortable working independently and as part of a team in a collaborative, goal-oriented atmosphere. You have a reputation for being reliable, customer-focused and approach your daily work in an efficient, highly organized manner.
What Does Cabco Bring to the Table?
- Competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package
- On-the-job training, as well as career growth
- A focus on employee wellness
- Company pension match plan
- Paid vacation and milestone service awards
- Use of company vehicle
- On-the-job paid training, mentoring and opportunity for career growth
- An amazing team and company that lives its core values of our people, customers, community, growth, integrity, and safety.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Implementation, installation, troubleshooting and integration of structured cabling and premise security solutions (CCTV, alarms, access controls) for commercial customers.
- Collaborate with the team to help design and implement solutions for both new and existing customers, based on specific needs and requirements.
- Train customers to use their equipment and provide technical service support (both remotely and on-site).
- Previous experience installing and troubleshooting CCTV, alarm systems and access controls is required.
- Knowledge of communications cabling and IP networking considered an asset.
- You have a reputation for being reliable and approach your daily work in an efficient, professional manner.
- You have a natural interest in technology and are open to further technical training and learning.
- Ability to work in a physical labour workplace.
- Willingness to travel and work nightshifts/weekends (as required).
- Ability to comply with all safety regulations and meet safety training requirements to maintain a successful safety record.
- Experience working on lifts is considered an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
As Atlantic Canada’s oldest communications integrator, customers have been trusting Cabco for more 40 years. We do this by offering a wide breadth of solutions from network cabling, telephony, wi-fi and security systems that will provide their team with the information they need, where and when they need it. We believe that our role isn’t just to sell and install quality products, anyone can do that, but to make the entire process as seamless, simple and predictable as possible. All of this is backed by the best customer service in the region, measured independently through our participation in the Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey. Ask us about our NPS score and what it means!