Unified Communications Technician
As our business grows, Cabco seeks an experienced Unified Communications Technician to work out of our Dartmouth, NS office.
A self-starter with a passion for technology, you are comfortable working independently and as part of a team in a collaborative, goal-oriented atmosphere. You have a reputation as being reliable, customer–focused, and approach your daily work in an efficient, highly organized manner.
What Does Cabco Bring to the Table?
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits package
- On-the-job training, as well as career growth
- A focus on employee wellness
- Company pension match plan
- Paid vacation and milestone service awards
- Use of company vehicle
- On-the-job paid training, mentoring and opportunity for career growth
- An amazing team and company that lives its core values of our people, customers, community, growth, integrity, and safety.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Assist with the implementation, installation and integration of business telephone (analog, digital, VoIP, SIP), WiFi, audio/visual, sound masking, and data networks.
- Collaborate with the team to help design and implement solutions for both new and existing customers, based on specific needs and requirements.
- Train customers to use their equipment and provide technical service support (both remotely and on-site).
- Experience working as a technician in the telecommunications industry.
- Avaya IP Office certified or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of structured cabling including data and voice panels as well as BIX field connections and infrastructure required.
- Experience with 3CX Phone System platform considered an asset.
- Conscientious project management and organizational skills are absolutely essential.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with customers and suppliers.
- Motivated to learn new technologies and complete required training and certifications as necessary.
- Willing to fulfill a variety of job duties across a diverse product and service line.
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- If you are interested in being part of a growing company driven by innovative technology and a goal to be the best at what we do, please forward your cover letter and resume to:
“UC Technician” via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As Atlantic Canada’s oldest communications integrator, customers have been trusting Cabco for more 40 years. We do this by offering a wide breadth of solutions from network cabling, telephony, wi-fi and security systems that will provide their team with the information they need, where and when they need it. We believe that our role isn’t just to sell and install quality products, anyone can do that, but to make the entire process as seamless, simple and predictable as possible. All of this is backed by the best customer service in the region, measured independently through our participation in the Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey. Ask us about our NPS score and what it means!