The Cape Breton Partnership is seeking an outgoing individual to fill the position of Program Coordinator for the Cape Breton Connector Program; a simple and effective networking program that connects individuals with industry leaders who can help facilitate the growth of their careers here in Cape Breton.
Position Summary: As the Program Coordinator, you will recruit and select community and business leaders (Connectors) as well as local and international graduates, newcomers and other qualified professionals (Connectees) to participate in the Connector Program. You will assist in the planning and organizing of Connector Program events and promotions; you will host engaging events to facilitate further connections. The Program Coordinator will also develop and maintain professional relationships with our local post-secondary institutions, business and community partners, as well as stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with other Connector Programs across Canada to ensure best practices
- Ensure timely entry of data into the Connector Program software and/or other CRM tool
- Develop an engagement strategy to build and maintain positive relationships with Connectors and Connectees
- Provide oversight and ongoing evaluation of the Connector Program to advance the Program’s goals and objective
- Work closely with Cape Breton Partnership’s Communications team to develop a marketing and communications strategy and/or plan for the Cape Breton Connector Program
- Collaborate with the Communications team to plan, create, and promote engaging social media content
- Manage the Cape Breton Connector Program’s social media platforms and identify opportunities to increase engagement
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with post-secondary institutions, immigration settlement service organizations, community partners, and businesses to maintain a source of referrals for Connectors and Connectees
- Encourage post-secondary institutions and other relevant partners to refer qualified candidates for consideration
- Assess applications of Connectees to ensure they meet the program standards and guidelines
- Recruit Connectors from the business and professional community
- Recruit newcomers, international students and local graduates who are work ready and assess their sustainability for the Program.
- Collaborate with the Communications team to plan and organize Connector Program events (in person and online), including networking, speed-interviewing, workshops, and annual appreciation events for a variety of audiences
- Host all Cape Breton Connector Program events; facilitate further connections amongst attendees
- Coach Connectees in professionalism, communication, and self-promotion techniques to enhance their participation in the Program
- Promote local employment support programs to aid participants in their search for meaningful employment
- Track program participation, Connector relationships, and prepare monthly program evaluation reports and reports for funding partners.
- Provide quarterly written reports to funding partners and support the Director of Finance & Administration in preparing financial reports by maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Other duties as required.
Must-Have Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary level education from a recognized academic institution; minimum of 1-3 years of experience in program coordination and/or project management, or an equivalent combination of education, other credentials, and related experience
- Understanding of the barriers faced by local job seekers
- Ability to demonstrate compassion when providing guidance, feedback, and/or interacting with others
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to exercise sound judgement, tact, and discretion when dealing with others
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Superior professional networking skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Attention to detail and strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Political acuity and sensitivity along with exemplary presentation and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal direction
- Ability to track and analyze data, identify trends, draw conclusions, and provide recommendations on required actions
- Ability to work effectively with community leaders, diverse community groups, and all levels of government
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License and current driving abstract
Nice-to-Have Skills and Qualifications:
- Bilingualism (English/French)
- Skilled strategist and communications planner
- Experience working with/in Indigenous communities
- Familiarity with CRM tools such as Insightly
- Working Conditions & Details:
The Cape Breton Partnership is an Island-wide organization with offices throughout Cape Breton-Unama’ki; work location is flexible
Frequent, year-round travel throughout the Island is necessary in order to build and maintain relationships
Salary will be offered based on a combination of education and experience
The successful candidate can start right away
About Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce
The Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce under the direction of CEO, Kathleen Yurchesyn, is working to empower businesses to thrive in the Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce (CBRM). By focusing and celebrating the successes of chamber members and the business community as a whole the Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce is aiming to foster a vibrant business community where members are encouraged to find new innovative approaches to business to help the CBRM thrive. The Chamber works alongside the public and private sector to create a stronger business community through collaboration, networking, advocacy and education.
The Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce provides value to its membership through community partnerships and by offering exclusive chamber member benefits (Chamber Plan group insurance, merchant services, Esso fleet cards, member to member, sponsorship and promotional opportunities, etc.). By hosting monthly networking events, the Chamber helps members grow their networks and connect with other chamber members. The Chamber is the voice for the business community by advocating for business needs and challenging the status quo, and the Chamber also offers professional development opportunities through luncheons, workshops and courses.