The Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce is looking to hire an enthusiastic, self-directed, and exceptionally organized individual. This role will be dynamic and fast-paced, with the opportunity to hone and further develop a variety of skill sets, including but not limited to, marketing, content creation, strategic planning, event coordination, website development, membership engagement, social media planning, etc. The successful candidate must be a strong writer, able to identify opportunities, bring ideas to the team, and follow through on tasks and projects.
The Marketing Co-ordinator will be a valued member of a small team by supporting the implementation of the organizational strategy. If you are not afraid to ask questions, work independently and collaboratively, are self-directed and self-motivated, have a keen interest in marketing and communications, and a positive attitude, we want to meet you!
- A talented and confident writer
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed and works to exceed expectations
- Strategic thinker and disciplined executer
- Ability to work with deadlines and multi-task on several projects simultaneously
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and also independently
- Social media content development
- Content writing for the web
- Blogging (curated and branded content)
- Support implementation of the strategic plan for the Chamber
- Event planning and coordination
- Updating Membership database and member relations
- Support the planning of fall events including the Excellence in Business Awards, luncheons, and Business after hours
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce
The Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce under the direction of CEO, Kathleen Yurchesyn, is working to empower businesses to thrive in the Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce (CBRM). By focusing and celebrating the successes of chamber members and the business community as a whole the Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce is aiming to foster a vibrant business community where members are encouraged to find new innovative approaches to business to help the CBRM thrive. The Chamber works alongside the public and private sector to create a stronger business community through collaboration, networking, advocacy and education.
The Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce provides value to its membership through community partnerships and by offering exclusive chamber member benefits (Chamber Plan group insurance, merchant services, Esso fleet cards, member to member, sponsorship and promotional opportunities, etc.). By hosting monthly networking events, the Chamber helps members grow their networks and connect with other chamber members. The Chamber is the voice for the business community by advocating for business needs and challenging the status quo, and the Chamber also offers professional development opportunities through luncheons, workshops and courses.