We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We are looking for Application Support Specialists with a variety of skills to join our Financial Services team. We expect you to have great technical skills but as important, we are looking for someone who can develop a creative solution to a problem by applying critical thinking and past experience. Your role is only limited by your potential.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with the application owners and managers within our client organizations.
- Work with other vendors and internal teams to assess technical requirements for system integrations.
- Define and configure system integration to ensure requirements are met.
- Guide the team, ensuring objectives are being delivered by coordinating/performing technical tasks.
- Provide team feedback and develop action plans to remediate issues, identifying processes and skills required for continuous improvements in knowledge.
- Work on development tasks during non-support hours.
- Participate in the testing of application changes (UAT, Staging, Pre-Prod).
- Support the deployment of code to production.
- Work with team members to prioritize and manage their workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role include a mix of the skills below:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- A University degree or a Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
- 5+ years of overall IT experience.
- Experience with Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows; being well versed in command-line operations of the same.
- Thorough understanding of typical architectural implementations supporting high-availability and fail-over.
- Experience with PowerShell, UNIX shell scripting and Java/J2EE.
- Experience with XML, XSD, WSDL, and JSON based web services.
- Expertise in writing and running SQL queries to manipulate large databases.
- Experience using related SDLC and CI (continuous integration) tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bit bucket, MKS, Clear Case or GIT.
- Strong knowledge of reading logs and Blob data.
- Understanding and use of security certificates.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with configuration and architecture of typical middleware implementations including WebSphere, IBM MQ or JBOSS.
- Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
- Strong automation experience would be an asset.
- Proven ability to mentor team members and provide coaching as required.
- Knowledge of Cloud is an asset, Azure preferred.
- Specific knowledge of Bottomline and SWIFT software products (eg: GTExchange, SAG) is an asset.
- Experience in Canadian banking is highly preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Able to multitask effectively.
- Proven ability to mentor and coach junior team members.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
- Ability to adapt to constant changes. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
- Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.