CGI is seeking an AWS Data Engineer who can bring in expertise and industry best practices to define better development and engineering approaches. This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As an AWS Data Engineer you will contribute to our Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
- Work with technical development team and team lead to understand desired application capabilities.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices.
- Work within and across Agile teams to test and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Develop applications in AWS – data and analytics technologies including but not limited to Glue, EMR, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, VPC, EC2, RDS, IAM.
- The candidate would need to do development using application development by lifecycles, & continuous integration/deployment practices.
- Working to integrate open source components into data-analytic solutions
- Working with vendors to enhance tool capabilities to meet enterprise needs
- Willingness to continuously learn & share learnings with others
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Candidate should have Hands on experience with AWS services such as Glue, EMR, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, VPC, EC2, RDS, IAM
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Scala, Java etc)
- Experience in ETL / Data application development and version control systems such as Git
- Knowledge of application development lifecycles, & continuous integration/deployment practices
- Possess 5 – 7 years’ experience delivering and operating large scale, highly visible distributed systems
- Knowledge of IAC using terraform is preferred
- Snowflake MPP and graph database experience is preferred but not mandatory
Skill Set/ Years of Experience/ Proficiency Level
- Minimum 2 years experience with AWS services such as Glue, EMR, Lambda, Step Functions, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, VPC, EC2, RDS, IAM
- Minimum 3 years experience with Python/Scala/Java etc Programming
- Good knowledge of Terraform
- Excellent knowledge of SQL– Simple to Complex SQL analysis
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of eight years’ experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.