CGI is the World’s 5th largest independent IT and business process services company. We provide high-end business and IT Consulting, Systems Integration and IT & Business Management services. CGI has over 100+ IP-based business solutions in 40 countries spanning Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecommunications, Utilities and Oil & Gas. We are a proven and demonstrated success, achieving an industry-leading track record of on-time, on-budget projects and innovative solutions.
CGI’s Applications Management Services (AMS) team is responsible for providing a development services to enhance and support existing applications for our clients. With more than 35 years of experience managing applications for large companies across the globe, CGI has long-term partnerships with leading organizations in multiple industry sectors. We deliver using local teams backed by global resources with a strong track record of quality delivery and high client satisfaction (9.1 out of 10!).
We are searching for a Senior Business Analyst for our Halifax office. In this role you will bring strong Business Analysis experience combined with excellent client interaction skills. The position will give you an opportunity to leverage your expertise and become part of a key client engagement with CGI.
- Play a lead role in identifying, validating, and documenting, in detail, the client’s business needs and requirements
- Develop and present proposed solutions to clients while ensuring the solutions meet or exceed business requirements
- Prototype user interface designs of solutions
- Develop test scripts and use cases; execute test scripts as part of the Quality Assurance testing of the solutions
- Prepare and maintain project deliverables according to CGI’s ISO certified processes
- Provide leadership within a team and mentor other team members
- A completed, recognized 2-year technical diploma or a university degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
- 6 or more years of progressive experience as a Business Systems Analyst in related Information Technology / Information Systems environments
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience documenting business rules and data models
- Experience with business process re-engineering and business process modeling
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- CBAP/CCBA certification from IIBA or relevant training from an IIBA-endorsed education provider
- Customer focused; sensitive to customer needs
- Communicates ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Excellent listener with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and directed
- Excels in a high-pressure and fast paced environment
- Quick learner, quick starter, problem solver, team player
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with ITIL
- Familiarity with delivery of professional consulting services
- Experience in software product release management life-cycle
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support.This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience, and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.