We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a truly global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We’re expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Business Analyst Release Coordinator Responsibilities:
Note this role is not technical in nature but requires excellent client-facing skills to work with teams, chase details, track progress, and formulate release schedules to roll out database encryptions to both UAT and PROD environments. Past examples of plans also exist as a starting point. Some weekend work will apply for coordination of production releases.
- Plan and oversee the roll-out of encryption of in-scope databases in accordance with the schedule of the client program.
- Coordinate with client and CGI teams to agree to the content and roll-out plan for each release.
- Monitor and report on progress for UAT and PROD encryptions in a communication schedule mutually agreed with the client
- Provide on-call support for weekends in which there are DR activities, as a point of contact for encryption issues that may arise during DR activities. If DR-related encryption issues occur, the RM will notify the Client DBA team and stakeholders of the issues that require investigation.
- Develop Release Plans for review and approval by the client.
- Provide updates for client review for process changes required in anticipation of new platform solutions for UAT and PROD encryptions.
- Maintain a secure tracker for scheduled and completed instances of database encryption.
- Produce Release Plans in support of client monthly target volumes.
- Conduct stakeholder reviews of Release Plans and supporting process flows in advance of Production encryptions, including refinements for additional technologies as required.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute standardized email communications for UAT and PROD encryptions with client approval, to streamline encryption communications.
- Monitor and report progress of production deployments, keeping all key stakeholders abreast of key notifications and calls to action.
- Conduct (if required) rollback planning meetings within production maintenance windows in a timely fashion that aligns to the encryption plan schedule.
- Conduct Lessons Learned sessions following production encryption weekends with key stakeholders, record the areas for improvement, develop action plans to address identified areas for improvement, and modify the supporting documents such as the Factory Model to ensure the improvement plans are put into place and managed.
- Define encryption plans through the use of Release Plans to verify the inclusion of implementation and back-out plans for Supplier-managed requests for changes that will be included in a release.
- Report metrics to record the success and failure of releases for inclusion in monthly metrics reporting and revise as required for additional platforms or client-requested metrics.
- Establish a Release Management coverage plan for each requested release, including weekend coverage for Production Releases.
- Manage the functions and work activities associated with Release Management, including:
- Create release plans, and perform tracking and oversight functions to support the plan.
- Coordinate release acceptance activities with client stakeholders.
- Manage communications to key stakeholders for release plans and results of encryptions.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral and comprehension communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Flexibility, self-motivated, and has the ability to give and receive feedback
- Ability to working effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
- Able to multitask effectively
- Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team member
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.