This is an exciting time for CGI, and we want you to be part of it.
We are Canada’s largest independent information technology services firm, and we are still growing! We are expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication to be part of our team. Here at CGI we offer our professionals exciting career and growth opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
Seeking an experienced Data Modeler to join our healthcare team of professionals.
Duties And Responsibilities
- The ideal candidate will work with the business to review, analyze and interpret business needs and then translate into effective technical solutions.
- Candidate is required to adhere to client and industry data modeling standards.
- Required Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on data modelling experience in an OLTP environment
- Experienced in working with Oracle 9, 10g, 11g
- Data modeling expertise … (relational, dimensional, hierarchical)
- Familiar with enterprise modelling tools such as ERWin
- Understands Logical and physical data models
- Understands database design such as sizing, views, indexing, partitioning
- Understands data profiling
- Ability to adhere, define and maintain database standards
- Understands Data Security such as masking, VPDB
- Ability to work in a Windows based environment, i.e. Microsoft Office; MSTeams
- Familiar with SDLC processes such as waterfall or Agile
- Communication and Leadership Skills:
- Communicate and presents information clearly, concisely and with confidence
- Presents solutions and articulates their impact to technical management
- Ability to adjust messaging to fit the needs of a variety of audiences.
- Ability to lead and mentor developers and peers individually or in small teams
Nice to have:
- Familiar with ETL development concepts, ideally within an Informatica environment
- Familiar with Change Data Capture
- Familiar with BI Reporting
- Familiar with UNIX/LINUX Operating systems
- Unix/ Shell Scripting
Minimum Education Required
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- Well organized
- Detail orientated
- Able to multitask effectively
- Excellent time management, task planning, and prioritization skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with clients
Your future duties and responsibilities
To Be Successful In This Role
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
- SQL/PL SQL
- Database Design
- erwin Data Modeler
Seniority Level: Entry level
Industry: Information Technology & Services Computer Software Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.