CGI is offering an exciting opportunity as a Data Technical Analyst. As a member of CGI’s national practice providing retail banking solutions and services to credit unions, you will be joining an experienced and dynamic team of global IT professionals serving our clients across Canada and the world.
The financial industry is in the midst of dramatic change and credit unions are challenged with finding faster, more innovative ways of providing solutions and services to their customers who have more alternatives than ever before. Digital transformation and digital services are disrupting traditional financial institutions, instead offering businesses and households access to services that are customized specifically to the personalized needs and wants of the end consumer. Omni-channel experience, mobile self-service, predictive analytics, data governance, robotic process automation, FinTech partnerships, and open banking requirements have turned the banking industry on its head. Staying relevant is key while customer retention and growth have never been more challenging. Our clients are turning to CGI to help them remodel their operations and assist in navigating through the massive digital transformational changes required to remain competitive.
- Works with implementation partner data conversion stream to analyst current platform data models to assist with design and plan of data migration to a new platform
- Identify and test for bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL solution
- Support with developing Source-to-Staging-to-Target mappings and actively work with Development, Test and Implementation efforts
- Design data migration processes including a collection of source data, data transfer mechanism and data upload mechanism
- See the big picture and take the initiative to find and fill gaps in our processes
- Maintain appropriate levels of data security and privacy relating to customer data
- Maintain a solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies, and terminologies
- Lead, coach and mentor other members
- 100% adherence to CGI policies (Member Commitment to the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, Dress Code, Travel, Expenses, etc.)
- Always practice professional, respectful communication whenever dealing with other team members, management and the client
- Use all of the tools including Internet and Instant Messaging appropriately, being mindful that they should only be used as a form of business communication and in a professional manner at all times
- Timesheets and status reports completed on time
- Attend and participate in all CGI member meetings (e.g., MSAPs, town halls, annual tour)
- Remain current in your area of expertise
- Develop consulting skills
- Proactively identifying and communicating project risks
- Share knowledge freely and openly with other team members
- Follow project management processes (i.e., Change Management, Configuration Management, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Horizon data platform
- Proven management of large scale data migration projects
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-priority organization
Nice to Have:
- Possess knowledge of Agile or Scaled Agile Frameworks, certifications are a plus.
- Experience working with Jira, SharePoint,
- Experience working in a team in a diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
- Experience in retail banking and/or credit union space
- Self-motivated with attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills with the ability to balance immediate and longer term tasks and requirements
- Excellent presentation skills, ability to cater messages depending on the audience.
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to drive tasks through to completion
- Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and resolve interpersonal challenges
- Ability to balance multiple deliverables and manage time effectively
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
Required Level of Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- Client Relationship
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Credit Unions
- Data Migration
- Technical Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.