This is a great opportunity to join a winning team within CGI’s Atlantic Business Unit. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals.
We Are Looking For Great People Who Want To
Be challenged technically
Go to the next level in their career
Join a team of elite professionals
Work with our client in a fast-paced, highly technical and demanding environment
Grow and be recognized for excellence and innovation
In addition to technical excellence, we are looking for candidates with strong and confident communication skills. You must be able to articulate a complex technical solution to a range of audience members in a clear and concise manner; the candidate needs to be comfortable working closely with the client and being part of a highly-skilled technical solutions team. We’re expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
You will be providing your technical expertise to the team to ensure all database environments are being cost-effectively operated and managed by providing strong technical leadership in database planning, design, administration, development and operation activities. The Database Administrator is responsible for supporting and enhancing the production and testing banking database environments, monitoring of systems health and performance, fulfillment of routine SQL system maintenance/administration activities and special projects.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Providing Microsoft SQL Server database support, including administration, configuration, installation, monitoring, maintenance and upgrade of database environments (SQL2012, SQL2016, and SQL2019).
- Ensure appropriate database maintenance activities are scheduled and completed (e.g. re-indexing, purging, rebuilds, stats gathering, etc.) using an appropriate script and scheduling tools.
- Monitor and tune SQL Server database performance.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve query and database performance issues
- Improving database performance and capacity
- Prepare database growth projections and plan for storage capacity needs
- Administer the data integrity of all databases by controlling and coordinating all changes, updates and deletes to the database configurations
- Work with technical and development teams to implement optimum physical database design architecture
- Ensure all databases are backed up according to business backup strategy and in a way that meets the business’s recovery objectives
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business recovery time objectives
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and during the weekends. Track and resolve database related incidents and alerts within defined service levels by following incident management procedures
- Participate in change management processes including deploying database changes in all environments as requested, following change management standards and procedures
- Prepare recovery processes and rehearse disaster recovery plans
- Develop and maintain database standards, processes and procedures including support documentation
- Implement security policies as set out by corporate standards
The Skills We Are Looking For Are
- Minimum 5 years of database administration experience in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience building, configuring and maintaining an AlwaysON HADR environment.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining SSISSSRSSSAS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with the Development and technical team members
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to recommend different solutions depending on the requirements for the database
- Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Experience with IBM Informix RDBMS
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
- Database Administration
- Database Design
- Database Mgmt Systems DBMS
- Database Mgmt Systems DBMS
- Database Tuning
- SQL Server
- SQL Server Management
- Database Administrator
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.