CGI in Atlantic Canada are looking for high performing Senior Java Developers to work as part of a team delivering solutions to client in the financial industry. We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions and will be part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception, design to deployment. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. Experience with WSO2 will be considered as a strong asset.
- Java developer responsibilities include designing and developing applications solutions
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications with effective design and ensure designs complies with specifications.
- Provide and recommend innovative solutions to complex architectural issues.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role with 5+ years of working experience in Java development environment
- Solid understanding of software design patterns
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience in the Spring Framework is required, any experience with Spring boot will be considered an asset
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Good knowledge of CI / CD tools (Circle CI, Jenkins, Harness, GitHub, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes,)
- Experience in integrating with API Gateways (API-Connect, Spring Cloud Gateway) is desired but not mandatory
- Software development best practices (TDD, automated tests, code review, etc.)
- Understanding of DevOps and experience with deployment automation
- Excellent communication, teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of CI/CD and Automated Tests including experience with version control repositories such as SVN, GitLab, and deployment tools, Jenkins;
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject (or equivalent work experience)
Technical Stack Skills:
- Java – Core, Enterprise
- Web Service development experience (REST/JSON, SOAP)
- DB2/SQL/ Oracle server Database
- Development/Agile tools experience – BitBucket, Confluence, Jenkins, GIT.
- IDE tools – Eclipse, IntelliJ
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.