We are Canada’s largest independent information technology services firm, and we’re still growing! We have a challenging career opportunity for a Java Developer to work for our clients in our Telecom Industry.
The Java Developer will design and develop Java applications. This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts.
- Designing and building high-quality Java applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Deliver a high level of commitment to client success and provide timely and quality services that meet or exceed expectations
- Work with business partners to provide guidance and support in the deployment of complex application solutions
- Participates in R&D activities to advance the development of the product roadmap
- Expert knowledge of Java programming language
- Expert knowledge of design patterns and best practices
- Knowledge building enterprise class web applications
- Expert knowledge of REST and RESTful web services in Java (e.g., JAX-RS, Spring MVC Rest)
- Experience in developing Enterprise applications: Billing, CRM, or Financial, Business Intelligence greatly preferred
- Excellent understanding of developer life cycle and enterprise developer tools.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record developing performant, scalable solutions across a full application stack
- Deep experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM))
- Experience with RDBMS is required
- Industry experience in banking would be ideal
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, an engineering discipline, or a related field
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are Build your career with us.
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.