We’re looking for a Junior Business Analyst who is analytical, a fast learner and enthusiastic about problem-solving. This is a client-facing role for someone who is detail-oriented and understands the importance of technology as a tool to help improve business outcomes. You know what it means to be part of a team and can manage client needs and expectations.
- Work with business stakeholders, senior team members and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements.
- Requirements lifecycle – including requirements gathering, analysis and evaluation
- Create documentation including but not limited to the business requirements document, business process maps, jurisdictional scan, business case etc.
- Facilitation of group and one on one sessions
- Problem solving – root cause(s) discovery and proposing solutions
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensures timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years experience in a client-facing role
- Experience with creating and maintaining client documentation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly acquire extensive subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines on time.
- Professional client presence, influencing and active listening skills.
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Facilitation experience is desired
- Lean Six Sigma experience or certification is desired
- SAP experience is an asset
- Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
- Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
- Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in a fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for detail.
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Able to multitask effectively.
- Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.