At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company – one that has grown to 77,500 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients – and for our members.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team within CGI’s Atlantic Business Unit. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals.
We Are Looking For Great People Who Want To
- Be challenged technically
- Go to the next level in their career
- Join a team of elite professionals
- Work with our client in a fast-paced, highly technical and demanding environment
- Grow and be recognized for excellence and innovation
In addition to technical excellence, we are looking for candidates with strong and confident communication skills. You must be able to articulate a complex technical solution to a range of audience members in a clear and concise manner; the candidate needs to be comfortable working closely with both clients and internal teams.
You will be providing your technical expertise to ensure all our environments are being cost-effectively operated and managed by providing strong technical leadership in deployment, administration, and day-to-day operational activities. The Network Administrator is responsible for supporting and enhancing production and test banking environments, monitoring of systems health and performance, fulfillment of routine system maintenance/administration activities and special projects.
To be successful in this role we expect the successful candidate to have most of the following qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in a Network Administration position or related experience
- Strong experience in TCP/IP, routing, networking and balancing
- Experience with the administration and management of various Layer 3 protocols and concepts
- Internal and External dynamic routing protocols (e.g., OSPF/BGP)
- Redundant Routing Protocols (HSRP/VRRP)
- Experience managing Firewalls, Switches, Routers, and Load Balancers
- Prior experience with Cisco switches, Check Point firewalls and F5 Load Balancers is an advantage
- Firewall Filter/Policy implementation and Access Control Lists
- Understanding of MPLS networking
- Experience monitoring network infrastructure
- Experience evaluating and piloting new technologies to optimize network infrastructure
- CCNA/CCNP certification is an advantage
- Comfortable interacting with various levels of management and end-users
- Highly motivated and strong desire for continuous learning
- Strong customer service orientation
- Adept at effectively dealing with multiple competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines
- Well versed in incident, problem and change control management processes
- Develop, implement, and improve daily operational procedures and business continuity plans
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical support On-call (as part of a rotation)
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.