Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
As the PL/SQL Developer, You will be a Critical member of Agile team delivering new business function for the customer and business users. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the Retail industry defining requirements and deploying solutions levering Oracle RPAS.
Future Duties And Responsibilities
- Performs testing of medium to high complexity to ensure that the system is implemented and functions as designed
- Ensures that testing meets organization standards for compliance
- Partners and collaborates with project members and the business to design/develop testing strategies
- Creates medium to high complexity test plans and test cases utilizing business/solution requirements and technical design documentation
- Executes medium to high complexity test cases both manually and/or by automation
- Performs triage for medium to high complexity defects, which includes detection, risk assessment, documentation and retesting. Escalates more complex defects to the appropriate level
- Assesses software for stability
- Provides input to QA Project Leader on project status
- Share knowledge and provide guidance to team members
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications To Be Successful In This Role
- 8-10 years of minimum IT and Consulting Services experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or any other related field
- Strong background and recent hands-on experience in Agile Delivery.
- Excellent communication skills with strong persuasiveness to bind customers and colleagues.
- Ability to understand ‘Big Picture’ as well as to dive into project-level details.
- Knowledge of Jira/ Agile
- Knowledge of Changeman as a source control.
- Very strong Oracle PL Developer knowledge.
- Very strong Oracle SQL Developer knowledge.
- Strong UNIX (KSH) Scripting knowledge.
- Preferable to have Oracle 12C DBA knowledge.
- Very strong Oracle 12C Database knowledge
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support.This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience, and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.