We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a truly global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We’re expanding our Financial Services Team in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with various technology team members and key players on the implementation of a critical regulatory project.
- Understand business data and provide pipeline and framework designs to support requirements and ensure the best operational solution to meet the overall project and program design and data management standards.
- Analyze and understand business and data requirements to develop complete business solutions (e.g. analysis of data models, entity-relationship diagrams, data lifecycle management, governance, lineage, metadata and reporting elements)
- Design and implement complex business data information management frameworks.
- Apply automation and innovation on data platforms and on new development projects/initiatives.
- Conduct a range of data analyses, demonstrating your in-depth experience with very large datasets and big data technologies.
- Partner and collaborate with business and technology partners to resolve data/application issues and ensure requirements delivery and compliance (e.g. with enterprise framework, methodologies, financial controls, and other requirements).
- Address application, cross-release issues promptly with the project team and the release management team.
- Follow established processes/standards, business technology architecture for development, release management and deployment process.
- Execute and provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
- Identify issues, communicate/alert stakeholders and develop and maintain processes that address and resolve them.
- Help deliver enhancements and troubleshoot in-house built solutions.
- Maintain applications that are free from vulnerabilities by following standard security practices and ensuring vendor applications are compliant.
- Proactively put forward ideas that improve and enhance the business experience and reduce manual effort.
- Adhere to client-defined Agile software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes.
- Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality and innovation and ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
- 5+ years of IT experience including relevant solution design and development experience.
- Hands-on experience with Python, Spark, SQL, Sqoop, Hive, enterprise schedulers such as Autosys and file transfer applications such as TIBCO.
- Experience working within a Hadoop environment with an understanding of Big Data concepts. Talend experience is an asset.
- Experience working in an Azure Cloud environment is highly desired and it is an asset having experience with Data Factory and Databricks.
- Implementation experience in managing and working in multiple environments, release and change management and knowledge of firewall and network protocols.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address and resolve complex issues, guide/advise/support clients, partners and project teams, often working on multiple medium-to-large sized projects.
- Hands-on experience in a traditional Data Warehouse/ETL is an asset.
- Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through the backlog.
- Experience in banking or insurance domains is highly preferred.
- Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
- Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
- Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for detail.
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Being bilingual in English and French is highly desired.
- Big Data
- Data Analysis
- Data Architecture
- Hadoop Ecosystem (HDFS)
- Azure Data Factory
- Business Analysis
- Systems Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.