At CGI, we offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a truly global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and commitment.
Due to ongoing growth and success in Atlantic Canada, CGI is seeking an experienced Test Lead to join our world-class IT solution team in a permanent full-time role.
This is an exciting time to join CGI. If you have the experience, drive and commitment, now is the time to make yourself known to us.
The Senior QA & Testing Lead role is able to lead and effectively manage multiple projects with a team of QA & Testing resources (onsite and offshore), manage workload for the entire team to complete testing deliverables for projects. They provide strategic direction, create overall test strategy (functional and non-functional), establish test plans and processes, validate the scope of testing, estimate final testing effort and duration, risk assessment and determine resource and environment requirements for each project.
The focus of this role is successfully lead multiple project teams to ensure all the major milestones for test deliverables are produced and delivered on time with the highest level of quality for all the projects.
- Handle multiple project teams working on a program
- Responsible for ensuring on time and on budget completion of test deliverable and ensuring high-quality standards
- Create overall test functional and non-functional test strategy
- Create test plans and process and work closely with the customer in reviewing and finalizing the same
- Ensure that the testing scope is clearly defined for both functional and non-functional testing and agreed with the customer
- Develop overall testing efforts and timelines to meet the project timelines
- Review the resource requirements and ensure that the right resources are available
- Continuously assess risk and ensure that the key risk are mitigated in a timely manner to ensure that there is no impact to the project outcomes
- Assist in identifying and documenting test conditions
- Assist in developing and documenting traceability matrix(ces)
- Assist in performing test planning, analysis, and design activities
- Identify and prepare test data
- Execute testing cycle activities as defined in test plan as required
- Identify, log, and follow-up on all defects encountered
- Assist in defining test automation requirements
- Perform additional system testing-related activities, as assigned
- Participate in lessons learned reviews
- Participate in pertinent team training and knowledge transfer activities
- Update and maintain pertinent team training and KT assets
- Follow all relevant quality processes
- Provide regular status reports/updates to the Test Manager
- Leadership skills, ability to drive the team to a common goal
- Good Analytical skills with strong verbal and written communications skills
- A passion for quality and importance of QA & Testing
- Excellent understanding of the software release process and different testing methodologies
- Hands-on experience with HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), JIRA or similar toolsets
- Experienced in functional and non-functional testing
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Strong organization, facilitation, and people management skills
- Confident and capable of liaising with Senior management across multiple disciplines
- Management experience and ability to motivate and mentor resources
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Manual Testing
- Test Case / Script Development
- Automated Testing
- Performance/Stress Testing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.