We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We’re expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
As a Splunk Architect, your role will require the following :
- Implementation of Splunk infrastructure, deployment, products, apps, reports, alerts, and dashboards
- Installation of search heads, deployment servers, indexers & Enterprise Security App
- Automation and CI/CD implementation in conjunction with Splunk
- Perform scripted installation of all Splunk components
- Manage Splunk knowledge objects (Apps, Dashboards, Searches -saved & scheduled, Alerts, etc.)
- Responsible for working with stakeholders to troubleshoot issues with Splunk installation
- The role requires significant interaction with many different teams across the organization.
- Setting up Splunk health dashboards and maintenance
- Overall 8+ years, with 6+ years of experience with Splunk – architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing the tool. Must include experience in IT infrastructure, networking, architecture, administration, automation, DevOps and security.
- Certifications – Splunk Certified Administrator or Splunk Certified Architect and/or other Splunk Certification
- Experience with Splunk premium apps such as Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Extensive experience with Splunk IT Service Intelligence
- Experience in architecting/developing/deploying/configuration of customized technical add-ons
- Ability to multitask and solve complex technical problems
- Intermediate level understanding of Solaris, Linux and Windows operating systems , to support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms
- Python, PERL/Linux shell scripting/Regex experience would be highly preferable
- Strong understanding of Splunk configuration files and architecture
- Assist and provide expert best practices in adoption, expansion, additional use cases and in setting up Splunk.
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain complex production quality dashboards, forms & visualizations.
- Engage application and infrastructure teams to establish best practices for utilizing Splunk data and visualizations
- Develop reliable, efficient queries that will feed custom alerts and dashboards.
- Development of best practices and run book.
- Strong knowledge of application monitoring and event management
- Experience in installation, administration, and development of a myriad of Splunk & monitoring related activities for our customers.
- Experience with log parsing and alert monitoring, lookups, calculated fields extractions using regular expression(regex).
- Experience with troubleshooting Splunk server and agent problems and issues
- Monitor the agent and server infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization
- Strong knowledge (recent experience) with the AWS/Azure cloud.
- Mentor members of the technical staff to support and assist in Splunk-related activities
Educational Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in related field
- Agile / Collaborative Method
- Azure DevOps
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.