This is an exciting time for CGI, and we want you to be part of it.
We are Canada’s largest independent information technology services firm. We are expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with project sponsors regarding information flow and content including the facilitation of information gathering sessions
- Work with stakeholders and/or users to understand requirements
- Knowledge of software development methodology, principles, and procedures is expected
- Utilization of software and techniques in the analysis and interpretation of complex business needs
- Able to work with diverse individuals/teams/customers, able to interact and work with others as part of a team. Understands the role s/he plays on the team, and how his/her work supports objectives
- Good organizational and written/ verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and team focus are required
Required Work Experience:
- Strong Java background, familiar with up to Java 8
- Strong C++ experience
- Strong C# experience
- Experience with parsing XMLs and working with xpaths, OpenXML
- Experience with JAXB and JSON
- Linux and Windows experience
- PostgreSQL and SQL Server experience
- Shell script and PowerShell experience
- Strong analysis skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Great to have
- Good customer facing skills, able to lead customer-facing technical meetings
- Ratabase experience
- Insurance knowledge
Required Level of Education (include certifications):
Related University/ Technical Diploma in IT field with demonstrative experience
- Very well organized
- Very detail orientated
- Able to multitask effectively
- Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with clients
Nice to have
- Windows scripting knowledge
- SQL Server
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience, and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.