We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We’re expanding our Financial Services Team in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the IT Manager, Application Development, the successful candidate will:
- Work on a variety of IT infrastructure projects.
- Analyze project backlog, negotiate and oversee collaboration between team resources for the efficient delivery of system releases into the client’s production environment.
- Management of sprint and project backlog.
- Compliance of all project deliverables with accountable to ensure the quality of work produced by the team.
- Managing project risks and issues, including escalation as required.
- Coordination and management of client reviews and approvals.
- Change and configuration management.
- Assist in coordinating releases.
- Follow project status reporting guidelines as required by the client.
- Facilitates team commitment to sprint deliverables.
- Manage conflicts arising within the projects.
- Deliver and analyze metrics for monitoring and controlling the project.
- Direct and supervise team resources.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
- 5+ years of IT experience managing delivery in an Agile environment.
- Scrum Master Certification and/or PMP certification is an asset.
- Experience in application development or maintenance using Mainframe/AS400, Java, Guidewire or related technology.
- Experience as a working in traditional data warehouse with a good understanding of data management and ETL concepts.
- Ability to develop budgets, statements of work, resource plans and work plans.
- Excellent estimation, scheduling and technical documentation skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and project applications including Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with Influencing and building consensus within multi-faceted teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in banking or insurance domains is highly preferred.
- Being bilingual in English and French is highly desired.
- Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
- Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
- Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Able to multitask effectively.
- Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 11,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support. This local presence is backed by the global capabilities of 68,000 professionals, providing the scale and global delivery expertise to support the delivery needs and requirements of our clients.
Major brands across Canada consistently turn to CGI to manage broad, transformative initiatives. We deliver end-to-end services and solutions combined with deep industry experience and have a long track record of achieving the results our clients expect.