You will provide the vision, inspiration and drive to take our globally recognized content to new heights. You will get to oversee the creation and delivery of amazing content that offers our 20 million community members everything that they are looking for and everything that they never knew they needed. As part of the leadership team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Join one of the top digital media teams in Canada and by far the most passionate!
- Lead and grow a top-notch content team that is passionate about making smarter sports bettors.
- Demonstrate skills and share expertise – setting examples and benchmarks to which the whole business can aspire.
- Build on 26 years of success but lead with the mindset and growth aspirations of a start-up.
- Have the freedom and support to create something truly world-class.
- Collaborate with our global ownership group who are growing even faster than we are and are obsessed with top talent, authoritative content, and digital product innovation.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a forward-thinking, innovative and cohesive content strategy in collaboration with our global ownership group and content team for Covers.com and related sports information sites (ProSportsDaily.com).
- Inspire innovation on content types and bring a spirit of creativity and possibilities to the content team.
- Work collaboratively with the leadership team to set annual and quarterly Objectives and Key Results.
- Lead the design and implementation of systems that actively measure, manage, optimize and communicate the performance of the content against the business’s objectives and strategies.
- Oversee content production, tailored to different audience needs and in anticipation of shifting industry trends. Identify and remedy gaps and bottlenecks.
- Expand and develop our top-notch content team to support our growth aspirations, including various forms of media (video, podcasts, etc.) and expanded geographical and sports coverage.
- Manage and monitor budgets for content needs, working with leads to prioritize spend and ROI.
- Motivate, inspire and coach the content team by providing context, direction and continuous feedback.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience developing content strategies for global audiences and working cross-functionally to ensure alignment with broader business objectives.
- Proven experience building and leading world-class content teams.
- Strong background in bringing all aspects of content production together (SEO, UX, data, product etc.) to build best-in-class experiences and information.
- Demonstrable passion for sports and sports betting.
- High sports betting IQ, with a strong understanding of what drives the individual sports bettors and sportsbook operating models.
- Understanding of the sports media schedule and embracing of its unpredictable demands.
- Rich knowledge in user journey with a proven track record of attracting and keeping users engaged through quality content.
- Strong analytical skills, showing deep interest in research, analysis and evaluation of content and content performance.
- Ability to engage easily with people and build strong and long-lasting relationships.
- “Team First” mentality: celebrating overall achievements and success while recognizing outstanding individual efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business Administration, English, Public Relations or any other related field or equivalent work experience.
Covers is an online publisher, providing sports gaming enthusiasts with valuable news, editorial and analysis as well as accurate and up-to-date scores, odds, matchups and statistics information.
Our mission is to educate, enrich and entertain sports bettors. We offer free stats to help our users make smarter bets, contests that test our user's sports handicapping skills and paid advice from a roster of the best sports handicappers in the world.
The Covers.com property was originally launched in 1995 and continues to be recognized as an industry leader, reaching several million passionate and engaged worldwide users every month.
Covers is also well known across sports media for its innovative game matchups, live odds for all major and college sports, in-depth betting trends, oddsmaking insight, Las Vegas insiders and action reports straight from the sportsbooks.