Together with the Covers team, you will help deliver amazing experiences which will reach millions of sports fans worldwide. This could range from building new websites or applications from the ground up to building shared services and tools that help us make this happen. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Join one of the top digital media teams in Canada and by far the most passionate!
- Grow a team of dedicated delivery professionals.
- Build on 26 years of success while leading with the mindset and growth aspirations of a start-up.
- Have the freedom and support to relentlessly pursue delivery excellence across the company.
- Collaborate with our global ownership group who are growing even faster than we are and are obsessed with top talent and digital product innovation.
What You’ll Do
As the Head of Delivery, your role will be to take accountability for the overall effort coming out of our project teams at Covers. This means getting involved not just in the day to day, but the planning and strategic growth that will ensure our people are able to do their best work.
You will provide leadership to managers, individuals and teams with significant risk and complexity, to impact business wide results. You will work closely with teams like Product, SEO, Content, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Commercial, Analytics and more to ensure that we’re always getting the best from each other.
The Head of Delivery for Covers will take ownership of all things ‘Delivery’, this could mean helping plan out our growth and hiring strategies, to ensuring culture and productivity are meeting the highest standards.
What we absolutely need from you:
- Establish a vision for delivery excellence at Covers.
- Bring everyone to the table and lead them on the journey to achieve our strategic goals.
- Lead the development of strategic competencies in execution.
- Be the example that others will follow by relentlessly pursuing greatness in culture, productivity and quality.
- Contribute to innovation of processes that results in a better, faster and happier way of working across the company.
- Help define and execute plans to scale and build out our teams.
- Work side by side with the product team and other leaders to effectively plan the delivery of work for sprints and seasons against strategic roadmaps.
- Champion and initiate ways of working, using the best of Agile and Lean to promote ownership, creativity and a customer first culture.
- Resolve and mitigate delivery challenges, supporting conversations across all teams to deploy changes in the best possible way.
- Build visibility of progress for key initiatives and surface key risks to the leadership team to enable support, unblocking issues and enabling the progress of these initiatives.
- Use data and delivery metrics and insights to drive key decisions and improve delivery efficiency and throughput.
- Work on significant, unique issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Work with technical team members to make sound technical choices about tools, architecture, and implementation strategies, and set the product up for success down the line.
- Own the relationship with third party delivery partners to ensure that we maintain a constructive relationship that enables the achievement of our goals.
- Ability to work across multiple time zones where needed, with team members in different markets.
What You’ll Bring
- A proven background leading teams responsible for delivering initiatives in a fast-paced digital environment
- 10+ years experience in program/project management
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with a passion for empowering teams to deliver amazing products and experiences
- Able to inspire and lead change across all levels and functions with ease
- Experience hiring diverse teams, developing talent, and leading distributed teams
- An entrepreneurial mindset: able to roll up your sleeves, thrive in controlled chaos, and get things done
- Experience and knowledge of the different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience working in agile environments and a passion for implementing agile best practices
- Confidence using tools such as Jira and Confluence and an ability to source new tools and practices that contribute to productivity and workflow
- Experience establishing and tracking delivery metrics to make informed decisions
- Able to identify and communicate opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement
- PMP or scrum certification highly desirable
Covers is an online publisher, providing sports gaming enthusiasts with valuable news, editorial and analysis as well as accurate and up-to-date scores, odds, matchups and statistics information.
Our mission is to educate, enrich and entertain sports bettors. We offer free stats to help our users make smarter bets, contests that test our users sports handicapping skills and paid advice from a roster of the best sports handicappers in the world.
The Covers.com property was originally launched in 1995 and continues to be recognized as an industry leader, reaching several million passionate and engaged worldwide users every month.
Covers is also well known across sports media for its innovative game matchups, live odds for all major and college sports, in-depth betting trends, oddsmaking insight, Las Vegas insiders and action reports straight from the sportsbooks.