As a performance subject matter expert, you will work to instill a performance mindset throughout the organization with guidance on methods and best practices. You will have the opportunity to work alongside an intelligent and motivated team – many of whom have been working together on Covers.com for over a decade. The fact that many of us have been working together for years says that we’re always tackling exciting initiatives and having fun along the way. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking to join a bright and hilarious IT team who make the work week fly by.
What You’ll Do
- Design and execute test plans to validate different sections of the website
- Assist with test environment creation and maintenance
- Identify the optimal load generation using tools
- Implement test scripts, analyze results and compile test reports
- Conduct root cause analysis and troubleshooting, identifying performance bottle necks and failures
- Derive investigation strategies and provide actionable guidance to implement
- Work closely with the IT Manager to develop solutions that meet our immediate opportunities and set us up for growth
- Proactively drive performance health check across site on periodic basis
- Ensure software produced by the team meets all performance and quality requirements
- Manage multiple initiatives and ensure top quality delivery
- Attend training and education courses
- Maintain documentation of systems, set-up and test results
- Play online games with your teammates!
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 5 years of software performance testing for commercial web-based applications and/or large software development projects
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance process and principles
- Experience designing and implementing load tests and test infrastructure for enterprise software
- Experience with common tools for building, executing, and analyzing large scale infrastructure
- Hands-on experience in various performance testing tools – JMeter, Locus, BlazeMeter, Google Lighthouse, HP LoadRunner, or similar tools
- Knowledge and experience regarding system architectural layers and technology stacks
- Experience with Application Performance Management (APM) tools such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics and New Relic to identify system performance bottlenecks and scalability issues.
- Solid understanding of different performance testing types and testing strategies, including Reliability, Scalability, Soak, and Performance.
- Experience with database profiling tools such as Statspack, AWR, SQL profiler, etc.
- An understanding and appreciation for the need for early performance and continuous integration performance tests on CI/CD environments like Bamboo, etc.
- Knowledge of manual application testing across desktop and mobile experiences
- Experienced working in Agile teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with sports betting is considered a plus but not required
Covers is an online publisher, providing sports gaming enthusiasts with valuable news, editorial and analysis as well as accurate and up-to-date scores, odds, matchups and statistics information.
Our mission is to educate, enrich and entertain sports bettors. We offer free stats to help our users make smarter bets, contests that test our users sports handicapping skills and paid advice from a roster of the best sports handicappers in the world.
The Covers.com property was originally launched in 1995 and continues to be recognized as an industry leader, reaching several million passionate and engaged worldwide users every month.
Covers is also well known across sports media for its innovative game matchups, live odds for all major and college sports, in-depth betting trends, oddsmaking insight, Las Vegas insiders and action reports straight from the sportsbooks.