Are you looking for a challenging role where you are a key player in bridging design and technical implementation while displaying your leadership skills as a senior team member? Then please keep reading!
In this role, you will take part in complex technical projects and deliver iterative solutions that provide immense value to our vision. You have strong communication and problem-solving skills to discover and deliver solutions that create the most engaging experience for our users.
While you bring strong technical skills, you will also have the opportunity to mentor and coach junior Frontend Developers on the team. You genuinely enjoy sharing knowledge with others so we can continue to build a strong and passionate team of Developers!
What You’ll Do
- Help set technical standards and best practices for the Frontend team
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Mentor and coach junior members on the Frontend team
- Use a variety of programming languages in the development of responsive user-friendly web pages
- Maintain brand consistency throughout the site
- Maintain and improve code
- Write code which is easily reusable
- Optimize for maximum speed, accessibility, and scalability
- Collaborate with backend developers
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as SEO, Content, Sales, and Design
- Build high quality prototypes based on wireframes or mocks for feedback and review
- Make suggestions for better solutions to problems
- Bridge the gap between design and technical implementation
- Troubleshoot website issues
- Stay up to date with latest technologies
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Frontend Developer role
- Excellent knowledge of HTML/CSS/SASS
- Knowledge of Bootstrap and other front-end frameworks
- Understanding of key design principles
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Great problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Experience with large websites
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Passion and energy
Nice to Have
- Front end development skills in C# .NET MVC Framework
- Familiarity with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator etc.)
- Experience with Figma
What We Can Do For You!
- A competitive base salary package
- Individual and company performance based annual discretionary bonus
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, public holidays, birthday, office is closed between Christmas and New Years
- Health and dental benefits with no waiting period
- 5% company matched pension contributions
- Self-driven annual training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
- Dog-friendly office
- Free parking
Covers is an online publisher, providing sports gaming enthusiasts with valuable news, editorial and analysis as well as accurate and up-to-date scores, odds, matchups and statistics information.
Our mission is to educate, enrich and entertain sports bettors. We offer free stats to help our users make smarter bets, contests that test our user's sports handicapping skills and paid advice from a roster of the best sports handicappers in the world.
The Covers.com property was originally launched in 1995 and continues to be recognized as an industry leader, reaching several million passionate and engaged worldwide users every month.
Covers is also well known across sports media for its innovative game matchups, live odds for all major and college sports, in-depth betting trends, oddsmaking insight, Las Vegas insiders and action reports straight from the sportsbooks.