Reporting to the Administrative Officer of the Canadian Centre for Vaccinology (CCfV), the Administrative Assistant provides administrative and communications support to CCfV and ongoing research studies.
- Support CCfV and ongoing research studies with various administrative functions, such as communications, transcription, scheduling meetings and taking meeting minutes, etc.
- Support CCfV investigators in various administrative functions as they relate to research activities, including updating CVs and publications on an ongoing basis and assisting with research grant applications.
- Assist with the completion of research reports for internal and external stakeholders, and collect and maintain data for these reports during the year.
- Support employee onboarding by tracking CCfV IT assets and managing IT requests.
- Assist with space allocation and coordination of space modifications.
- Provide backup support to the CCfV Receptionist/Administrative Assistant.
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field with a minimum of two years experience in a research setting within a university, hospital, or comparable environment is required.
- Experience in academic administration is strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project) and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as excellent time management skills, are required.
- Knowledge of Endnote software an asset.
- Working knowledge of grant applications and previous experience with academic CVs are considered assets.
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a voluntary RRSP, health and dental plans and an employee and family assistance program.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
About Dalhousie University
Located in Halifax, NS, Dalhousie offers students a wealth of choice and flexible degree programs in one of Canada's leading research institutions.