Dalhousie Financial Services strives to provide the highest quality financial services and information to ensure the effective stewardship of University assets to the benefit of students and scholarly activities. Reporting to the Financial Systems Project Analyst, the IT Support Coordinator will provide support to Financial Services through troubleshooting IT issues, assisting in IT projects, developing business intelligence reports and assisting with training and documentation.
- Ensure the smooth running of all Financial Services systems including but not limited to: hardware, software, peripheral, multi-functional devices and telecommunication systems.
- Provide recommendations for further actions to improve/resolve issues and prevent potential risks to the department, liaising with other departments as needed.
- Develop reports within Cognos that will meet the department’s reporting needs. Assist with designing and running queries, both ad hoc and ongoing reports, and interpret report output to present it in a meaningful way.
- Provide operational support to ensure the data integrity of the financial ERP system and all of the day-to-day activities within the Systems Units within Financial Services are being administered.
- Assist with the Financial Services website and SharePoint development, including development of new pages and content.
- Train staff when new applications are introduced. Develop and update instructional documentation and training videos to be used within the department and campus.
Undergraduate computer science/information systems degree with a business background, plus three to five years’ experience providing support to end-users for computer, software, operating system, peripheral network, and hardware issues (or equivalent combination of training and experience) is required. A strong customer-focused, service-oriented attitude is required. Experience in web development would be an asset. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.) is required. Experience working with the following software would be considered an asset: Cognos, SharePoint, CQ5, Banner and Application Xtender, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Access. Experience in quality assurance testing of software is considered an asset. Familiarity with accounting or finance is an asset. The incumbent should be self-motivated with the ability to work quickly and independently with minimal supervision.
About Dalhousie University
Located in Halifax, NS, Dalhousie offers students a wealth of choice and flexible degree programs in one of Canada's leading research institutions.