The Interrogating the Impact of Neoliberalism on Social Justice Approaches to Mental Health in Social Work-study is a Social Sciences Research Council Funded Study focused on neoliberal approaches to social work mental health care in Canada.
Reporting to the Principal Investigator, the Data Analysis Research Assistant will be responsible for working with the research team to analyze data and summarize major themes collected from interviews and surveys.
- Thematic analysis of 120 individual interview transcripts and determine emergent themes from transcripts.
- Perform a synthesis of interview and survey data.
- Code transcripts using NVivo software.
- Perform literature reviews and analysis of relevant research and policy literature.
- Produce a comprehensive data report summarizing demographics and emergent themes from the research.
- Perform other job-related duties, as required.
- Undergraduate degree with at least 1 year of related experience with qualitative research and basic quantitative analysis methods. Must possess excellent organizational skills and effective written and verbal communication skills. Experience with research software such as NVivo, ATLAS.ti, and SPSS is an asset.
- Understanding of existing mental health systems at the regional, provincial, and federal levels is a strong asset. Must have the ability to analyze and synthesize information to inform the final research report, proactively provide input, and coordinate and organize work.
Additional Information Application Consideration
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
About Dalhousie University
Located in Halifax, NS, Dalhousie offers students a wealth of choice and flexible degree programs in one of Canada's leading research institutions.