Data Assistant (OA7)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Department of Foundation and Alumni Relations
Term Full-Time Position: Commencing approximately November 15, 2021, and ending approximately November 15, 2023
Application deadline is 11:59PM, October 26, 2021
Competition No. 2021-165 (b)
Salary range: $36,456.38 to $40,141.76 annually
For the 2021-22 Academic Year, based on public health guidelines, NSCC plans to return to more in-person learning, supports and services. You may be required to work on campus, remotely or a combination of both as the Academic Year begins and progresses. This will be clarified further upon hire.
NSCC firmly believes a vaccinated population is a vital part of keeping us, our friends, families and communities protected from COVID-19 and the developing, fast-moving variants. With this in mind, please be aware that NSCC requires all employees and students working and learning on an NSCC campus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees and students who cannot or choose not to be vaccinated for medical, religious or other reasons will be required to be tested for COVID-19 twice per week and wear masks on campus.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, Foundation and Alumni Relations, you are a detailed oriented person that thrives in data, reporting, analyzing numbers and gathering metrics. You will be responsible for supporting, maintaining, and optimizing the use of the Foundation and Alumni Relations CRM, the Raiser’s Edge, as well as all supplementary technologies such as Blackbaud’s NetCommunity (online giving and mass email marketing platform) and LiveAlumni (alumni employment data platform). This position will assist in the development and generation of both standard and ad-hoc reporting. You will assist in the design and implementation of new business processes and automations and assist with the transition to a new version of the Raiser’s Edge.
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand your position as a role model to each of our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC’s mission. You bring a learning-centered perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- This position is an internship and applicants must have graduated from NSCC no more than three (3) years ago with a post-secondary certificate or diploma in a related program such as, but not limited to, Information Technology, Office Administration, Business Administration, or Library and Information Technology.
- Occupational experience that includes Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or another CRM would be considered an asset.
- Experience streamlining common tasks using tools within the Microsoft suite of products such as Power Query and VBA or by using other programming languages such as Python is an asset.
- Data visualization experience using programs such as Power BI or Tableau would be an asset.
- Experience in HTML and CSS would be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in advancing your work.
- Experience in business analysis or project management would be considered an asset.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and are able to interact at all levels of an organization.
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction.
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment.
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- You are a strong communicator.
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to prioritizing competing projects and information technology projects.
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities specifically related to maintaining a customer relationship management system with an exceptional eye for detail.
- You have strong project management skills.
- You demonstrate a strong willingness to learn new programs and skills as they relate to this position.
Work With Us
You will change lives. You will join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia’s economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you will be part of that change.
You will find a place to grow personally and professionally with opportunities for professional development and collaborative projects.
You will do meaningful and challenging work in a publicly accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe and inclusive. You will have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence.
You will celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. NSCC campuses are located on the traditional territory of the Mi’kmaq People. Nova Scotia Community College values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal/Indigenous Persons, members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application.
NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner. Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact Jaclynn Kelly, HR Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here: https://www.nscc.ca/about_nscc/policies_procedures/index.asp.
To apply for College jobs, click on the Apply Now button. First time users will be asked to set up an account with a username and password. There are three parts to your NSCC application:
- Your Profile. You can import your resume or your LinkedIn profile to help populate your profile (click Import Options, top right) or you can complete the profile manually. One thing to note if you are using a resume or LinkedIn; they may not import synchronously with the profile and you may still need to make some manual adjustments.
- Your Cover Letter and Resume. Towards the bottom of the Application tab, you will see a place to attach or write your cover letter. You will also see a place to attach your resume. Although these two sections say they are optional; they are not optional and are required for a complete NSCC application.
- Questions. Next to the Application tab, you will see a Questions tab. We will need you to complete these questions in order to submit your application.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept late or paper applications.
About Nova Scotia Community College
We are Nova Scotia Community College. Our mission is to help “Build Nova Scotia’s economy and quality of life through education and innovation.” We offer more than 120 advanced skill programs in five academic schools, serving the whole province through a network of 13 campuses. Fully 86% of our graduates are employed, most in their field of choice; close to 90% have chosen to live and work in Nova Scotia.
NSCC is a modern comprehensive community college that has established itself as Canada’s Portfolio College. This unique foundation is the base from which NSCC delivers educational opportunities that are responsive, value-based and keenly honed to the skills graduates need to enter the workplace.