This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
The Data Visualization Developer/Analyst is responsible for the design and development of visual analysis tools, dashboards and reports used across the organization. This individual works closely with users in all departments to understand analysis needs, design/prototype solutions and deliver the final product. This individual leverages data to solve business issues and support business decisions with business intelligence.
- Design and develop highly interactive dashboards and analysis tools in a fast paced environment
- Work with project lead, analyst, and business users to understand business processes, gather and document requirements and translate them into functional and non-functional specifications
- Perform testing and data validation for newly developed dashboards and tools
- Communicate and present solutions to non-technical business users
- Identify data quality issues and support the data governance initiative by participating in necessary activities including data profiling
- Create ad-hoc queries and reports as requested and provide on-going analytical support for these requests
- Maintain software platform, resolving issues and remediating performance degradation.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in developing Data Visualization, Analytic Tools and/or Business Intelligence solutions (dashboards, scorecards, reports).
- Hands-on experience with a leading business intelligence tool: Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS), etc.
- Experience in understanding and programming of complex SQL queries within and outside of a data warehouse environment
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- High motivation to learn and ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital are experts in specialty insurance and global reinsurance. They’re inspired by the opportunity to give people and organizations the confidence to take necessary risks in the pursuit of their goals and ambitions. In a world that's ever-changing, companies are more likely to succeed when they act collaboratively and with purpose.
AXIS Capital is motivated to redefine industry standards by applying an innovative and agile approach to today's challenges. By virtue of being a specialty insurer and global reinsurer with deep expertise and a commitment to service, they have the capability to provide a broad range of solutions.