We are currently seeking a SAP APO (Advance Planning and Optimization) Manager to join our team. This team offers variety, challenge, responsibility, and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential. Being a member of our Advisory team means you will specialize in a particular competency – Risk, Performance Improvement, or IT Risk & Assurance. Our Performance Improvement team is focused on helping clients improve operational efficiency and security, while also reducing costs and managing risk.
We help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, IT Advisory, customer, people and organization change, strategic direction, and program management. To address the shifting landscape of our clients’ needs, EY has established a national Center of Excellence focusing in the broad topics of Enterprise Intelligence, Risk Transformation, IT Risk, and Enabling Technologies. Enabling Technologies primarily focuses on the design and optimization of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) packages like SAP, Oracle, and others. Our team typically works with Fortune 1000 clients across a variety of industries including, Manufacturing, Pharma, Energy/Utilities, Transportation, Telecommunications, Entertainment/Media, Oil/Gas and Consumer Goods/Retail.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager with a focus in SAP APO, you’ll assist in developing applicable methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, thought leadership and accelerators to differentiate EY in the ERP advisory market. These are shared with all EY market facing organizations to provide consistency and common platforms with which to go to market. A willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated to be 70-90%.
Project Management: Participated in large scale SAP client engagements. Consistently deliver quality client services, driving high-quality work products within the expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business. Should be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be comfortable interfacing with a client on a daily basis. This role requires daily interaction with the client at many levels.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum 8 years of experience with at least 4 implementations.
- Have experience with Demand Planning or supply planning, preferably both. Experience with PPDS and/or GATP is a plus.
- Experienced in conducting workshops on requirement gathering, solution designing and user training.
- Experienced in conducting unit testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
APO Specific Requirements:
- Demand Planning:
- Knowledge on demand forecasting models, techniques, and inputs (such as seasonality, consumption patterns, business trends etc.)
- Ability to analyze and interpret demand planning results.
- Supply Planning:
- Strong knowledge on supply planning process. Experience in SNP heuristics, optimizer and deployment.
- In-depth understanding of integration areas such as those between DP and SNP, SNP and PPDS etc.
- Ability to analyze and interpret supply planning results
- Hands on experience in maintaining CIF integration model for master and transactional data between ECC and APO. Ability to resolve issues using qRFC monitor.
- Have a good understanding of process chain related settings.
- Strong experience in using macros in the planning book. Ability to configure alert monitoring system to support the business requirements.
Skills and attributes for success
- Effectively manage diverse skills and backgrounds and foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating enterprise domain knowledge with technology skills.
- Demonstrate characteristics of a forward thinker and self-starter that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to learning new knowledge.
- Ability to lead a team of consulting and client professionals on multiple projects.
- Being a leader in our EY SAP practice mentoring our team members through career coaching
- A strong work ethic.
Ideally, you’ll also have
Prior consulting experience and a demonstrated history of driving revenue within existing clients and in developing new prospects at the “C” level of Fortune 500 companies.
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the IT Advisory space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY | Building a better working world
About Ernst & Young LLP
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.