EY Advisory Services is a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. We are seeking a SAP Group Reporting Functional Manager to join our national Technology Consulting practice in Toronto. The SAP Group Reporting Functional Consultant will design, configure, test, and deploy Financial Consolidations solutions for clients through SAP’s Group Reporting module. The role entails working closely with clients across sectors and industries to modernize their Financial Consolidations processes and systems. The successful candidate has completed at least one full lifecycle implementation of S/4HANA Group Reporting.
We help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, IT Advisory, customer, people and organization change, strategic direction, and program management. To address the shifting landscape of our clients’ needs, EY has established a national Center of Excellence focusing in the broad topics of Enterprise Intelligence, Risk Transformation, IT Risk, and Enabling Technologies. Enabling Technologies primarily focuses on the design and optimization of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) packages like SAP, Oracle, and others. Our team typically works with Fortune 1000 clients across a variety of industries including, Manufacturing, Pharma, Energy/Utilities, Transportation, Telecommunications, Entertainment/Media, Oil/Gas and Consumer Goods/Retail.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead process and solution design workshops for Financial Consolidations with clients
- Lead identification and documentation of client business requirements
- Lead detailed solution design for Group Reporting solutions and processes
- Execute key configuration, master data, and unit testing of solutions
- Lead solution validation/demonstration sessions with client counterparts to validate the solution meets client requirements
- Document solution design and technical components
- Work closely with Global Delivery resources through technical design and build of RICEFWs
- Lead development of Group Reporting components for RFIs and RFPs
- Manage and mentor junior SAP functional resources
Skills and attributes for success
- Effectively manage diverse skills and backgrounds and foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating enterprise domain knowledge with technology skills.
- Demonstrate characteristics of a forward thinker and self-starter that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to learning new knowledge.
- Ability to lead a team of consulting and client professionals on multiple projects.
- Being a leader in our EY SAP practice mentoring our team members through career coaching
- A strong work ethics.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Knowledge of SAP’s 1SG Best Practice content for Group reporting, S/4 Core and financial consolidation concepts
- Implementation of SAP Group Reporting, version 1909+
- Master data management (e.g. creating and managing FSIs, Consolidation Units and Consolidation Groups, GL to FSI mapping, Cons Unit to Cons Group Assignment),
- Reclassification Rule configuration,
- Validation Rule configuration,
- Flex file upload,
- Intercompany elimination rules (Reclassification rules for consolidation),
- Consolidation of Investment rules,
- Reporting Item and Logic Setup
- Report creation for GR via Analysis for Office or Fiori (Group Data Analysis)
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Technology Consulting space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What we Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
About Ernst & Young LLP
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.