We are seeking a highly motivated, confident individual to join the Canada Strategic Pursuits team. As a Pursuit Program Manager, you provide strategic and tactical support to help win new business. You actively participate in complex, multi-phase pursuits involving proposals, oral presentations, client workshops, due diligence and pricing discussions.
Your key responsibilities
- Set the cadence to actively qualify the opportunity as more information becomes available, provide coaching for pre-RFP client meetings, help establish criteria for the most relevant credentials and resumes, and support the consideration of teaming arrangements.
- Undertake core project management tasks including developing and maintaining a pursuit plan and requirements matrix, and driving a pursuit timeline (involving decision gates, milestones and dependencies).
- Influence and manage virtual teams. Teams typically include subcontractors/teaming partners, EY client service professionals, Client Executives, subject matter advisors, and support functions (e.g., Pursuit Coordinators, Graphic Designers). Assign tasks and track the status of multiple pursuit workstreams.
- Act as the “single source of truth” for pursuit knowledge including managing client clarifications and addenda, document version control, and ensuring consistent messaging across pursuit phases
- Bring discipline to pursuit meetings/calls including kick-off, win strategy, solution, storyboarding/outlining, reviews and daily touchpoints
- Coordinate complex review processes involving meetings, markups, review sheets, mock-scoring and issues logs
- Conduct quality assurance reviews on pursuit content/deliverables – mandatory (pass/fail) and rated requirements
- Identify and mitigate risk through appropriate pursuit governance processes and a risk register
- Actively participate and influence price to win discussions
- Drive continuous improvement by conducting internal lessons learned sessions and client debriefs
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong project management skills, the ability to establish priorities, set and manage schedules, and coordinate multiple projects at one time
- Organized, detail-oriented and highly deadline-driven
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong business acumen
- Strong editing skills
- Highly developed computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based technology
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Undergraduate degree required (major in Language, Communications, Marketing or Business)
- A minimum of seven years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience in Federal Government and Provincial Government procurement processes
- Experience in professional services (e.g., accounting, management consulting, legal, architectural, engineering) is highly desirable
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification preferred
Ideally, you’ll also have
Professional services firm experience
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers, have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
About Ernst & Young LLP
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.