Technology is changing the way businesses are operating. New technologies provide businesses with the potential to deliver new services, operate in new markets and to change the way they operate. Associated with these opportunities come risks, our clients seek independent advice and assurance over diverse issues which include for example the design and operation of their internal controls, the security of their business critical systems, the delivery of major IT enabled programmes, their relationships with third parties, and their management, stewardship and ability to exploit business critical data.
EY is seeking a Senior, to join our Technology Risk team. This professional will manage engagement teams, as well as directly assist clients in employing information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk. The successful candidate will also work with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the business internal control process, and will assist clients and other IT professionals in performing information technology (IT) control and security engagements.
Your key responsibilities
- Financial Audit IT Integration – Execution of IT related audit procedures (including IT related procedures beyond ITGCs) in support of financial statement audits and reporting on internal controls over financial reporting (integrated and non-integrated audits)
- Internal Controls Attestations – Focus on providing an opinion on management’s assertion over business processes and controls including IT General Controls.
- Service organization reporting – Focus on the issuance of third-party reports in the form of 3416 reports, SOC 1 & SOC 2 reports, etc.
- Provide high quality professional day-to-day management of internal/external audit engagements/projects and understand EY’s practices and service offerings and identify potential opportunities to improve such service offerings
- Lead and support the on-site coordination role for audit clients including planning, briefing team on the client’s IT environment and industry IT trends, coaching and mentoring staff, communicating with the clients and completing audit engagements
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered.
- Support preparation of IT external audit reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of control structure, along with practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness, efficiency of a control or process.
- Able to discuss and resolve IT audit issues and recommendations with client management.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly professional with ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments
- Flexible with the ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build strong client relationships
- Strong team working skills are essential
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- A passion to contribute to the growth of the practice
- Strong experience interacting with clients at all levels including Staff, Leadership and Partners
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior staff on engagements.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience in IT audits and/or risk assessments and/or technology evaluations;
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program required.
- Possessing relevant accounting / audit designation(s) or working towards one (e.g. CPA, CISA, CIA, CISSP, CISM) is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of COBIT, ITIL, NIST or other IT frameworks would be as asset.
- Experience with data and analytics tools such as ACL; providing IT support to non IT auditors.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, OneNote and
- Willingness to travel
Ideally, you’ll also have
Hands on experience with project management or IT operations based in large enterprise resource planning systems such as SAP, Oracle and D365 or information security would be an asset.
What we look for
As an ambassador for the Technology Risk team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients’ high expectations. We are seeking high performing individuals who have been recognised for exceeding expectations. We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, we offer
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
About Ernst & Young LLP
EY is a global leader in advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our 212,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our people around the globe pursue the highest levels of integrity, quality and professionalism to provide clients with a broad array of services relating to audit, advisory, tax and transactions.
EY has 5000 professionals based in 16 locations across Canada who provide audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services to a range of industries.