At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
The objective of our Centre of Excellence (COE) is to inspire the confidence and trust that help enable a complex world to work. EY’s Assurance COE provides scalable offerings that allow our clients to benefit from our insights and efficiencies. As a part of the COE, you will work with multiple companies across different industries to gain a unique insight into how businesses operate. This will allow you to understand the factors driving business performance and become a more connected, responsive and insightful professional.
Within EY’s Assurance practise, we have a Centre of Excellence (COE) located in Halifax, Nova Scotia that predominantly performs remote delivery work in the areas of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (NI 52-109 and Sarbanes Oxley) and other Assurance related procedures. We are currently seeking a Staff to join this growing team. The successful candidate will participate in client engagement teams, whereby he/she will be assessing, improving and evaluating/testing our clients’ business processes and controls. The successful candidate will also assist engagement teams with performing substantive procedures and/or engagement-specific procedures.
You will have the opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise to our clients in the following key areas:
- Business process controls
- Agreed-upon procedures and/or specified procedures
- Substantive testing
Your Key Responsibilities
- Analyze business and financial processes to identify risks and improvements in the controls frameworks for the various processes.
- Perform various substantive and analytical procedures to identify errors and/or misstatements.
- Assist clients in strengthening internal controls and business performance.
- Ensure high quality in client service informing supervisors of engagement status.
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Maintain long-term client relationships and networks.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- College and/or University degree/diploma in Business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working remotely
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Desire to learn and grow
What We Look For
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
About EY Canada
EY is a global leader in advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our 212,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our people around the globe pursue the highest levels of integrity, quality and professionalism to provide clients with a broad array of services relating to audit, advisory, tax and transactions.
EY has 5000 professionals based in 16 locations across Canada who provide audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services to a range of industries.