In the digital economy, it takes more than good ideas and strong leadership to thrive. Upgrading outdated processes, systems and information is vital – but can be a risky investment in such a rapidly changing environment. That’s why some of the most prestigious businesses worldwide look to us for authoritative, agile and efficient solutions for business decision-making. As our ServiceNow Senior Designer/Developer you’ll play a leading role in that mission, providing the competitive edge our customers need to overcome some of the biggest creative and technical challenges around.
Your key responsibilities
Working under a project or engagement manager, you’ll get an opportunity to be on the frontlines of exciting projects, working on new deployments, upgrades, integrations, mobile interfaces, reporting/dashboards or supporting their existing instances.
Primarily you will work to:
- Develop, administer and support various aspects of the ServiceNow platform
- Assist in managing client expectations
- Provide quality client communication
- Equate business requirements to ITSM processes
- Participate in quality and review meetings of overall project progress
- Maintain communication with all key project members internally and externally
- Resolve technical issues
- Assist in the preparation of writing Statements of Work and proposals
- Demonstrate a passion for client success and serve as the front line customer advocate
- Support the overall relationship and revenue management of the account
- Identify new business opportunities within accounts and seek to create, develop and strengthen strategic client relationships
- Assist in the project reviews to assess project outcomes and team performance
Skills and attributes for success
- Fully capable of resolving technical issues with a software application (ServiceNow is a plus)
- Sound working knowledge of Java, scripting and AngularJS
- ITSM environment exposure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and different projects
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specs
- Experience with SDLC – Agile/Waterfall developments
- An open mind, flexibility and willingness to learn
- Ability to learn and develop technical skills through self-learning
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
- Experience with other modules of ServiceNow: CSM, HRSD, GRC, SecOps, ITOM, ITBM, etc.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- 3+ years experience working with ITSM tools in a development capacity (ServiceNow is a plus)
Ideally, you’ll also have knowledge of
- Web Services
What we look for
We are looking for the next generation of outstanding technical consultants to continue our legacy. Our top performers in the past have demonstrated deep knowledge of the ServiceNow platform, have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to adapt and collaborate in changing circumstances. If you love technology and have a passion for working on new projects, new technologies, and new challenges, and want to hone your technical skills, this opportunity is for you.
About EY Canada
EY is a global leader in advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our 212,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our people around the globe pursue the highest levels of integrity, quality and professionalism to provide clients with a broad array of services relating to audit, advisory, tax and transactions.
EY has 5000 professionals based in 16 locations across Canada who provide audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services to a range of industries.