At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates the diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
EY’s commitment to the quality and integrity of our audits is exemplified by our global audit methodology and our thorough quality controls that are applied to every client engagement. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, these enable us to deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders. We currently are seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career opportunity as Assurance Managers for our Assurance group which is rapidly growing.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management throughout the year.
- Establish expectations of value to be delivered.
- Participate in performing audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
- Collaborate to plan engagement objectives and an audit strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately addresses risk.
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technologies and industry developments.
- Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact on the client. Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
- Delegate work successfully. Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams.
- Monitor the engagement team’s progress against the plan and alter it when needed. Generate new business opportunities.
- Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services.
- Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
Skills and Attributes For Success:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field
- Post-graduate diploma or degree in Accounting preferred
- Canadian CPA auditor professional accounting designation, or a reciprocal CPA auditor designation recognized with the CICA mandatory
To qualify, candidates must have
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Integrity within a professional environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to speak, read, and write in French is preferred.
About EY Canada
EY is a global leader in advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our 212,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our people around the globe pursue the highest levels of integrity, quality and professionalism to provide clients with a broad array of services relating to audit, advisory, tax and transactions.
EY has 5000 professionals based in 16 locations across Canada who provide audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services to a range of industries.