At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Advisory Services is a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. We are looking for a Manager in our Consulting Services group specializing in SAP Reporting & Analytics within the retail and manufacturing industry. This position falls within our Technology Consulting team, which helps our clients enhance the operating effectiveness of their core systems as they adopt SAP technologies and solutions on their path of Digital transformations and undertake technology refresh initiatives.
We help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, IT Advisory, customer, people and organization change, strategic direction, and program management. To address the shifting landscape of our clients’ needs, EY has established a national Center of Excellence focusing in the broad topics of Enterprise Intelligence, Risk Transformation, IT Risk, and Enabling Technologies. Enabling Technologies primarily focuses on the design and optimization of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) packages like SAP, Oracle, and others. Our team typically works with Fortune 1000 clients across a variety of industries including, Manufacturing, Pharma, Energy/Utilities, Transportation, Telecommunications, Entertainment/Media, Oil/Gas and Consumer Goods/Retail.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you work with client teams and EY teams to arrive at enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever changing business need. The role will also be required to Participate in client and EY internal engagements, provide leadership, oversight and mentorship for junior team members; this includes providing support building out the reporting & Analytics practice. You will influence projects, vendors and/or SIs to ensure they are aligned with our approved methods and delivery standards.
People Management: Effectively lead the team with diverse skills and backgrounds and foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
Project Management: Participate in large scale SAP client engagements. Consistently deliver quality client services, driving high-quality work products within the expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business. Should be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be comfortable interfacing with a client on a daily basis. This role requires daily interaction with the client at many levels.
- Provide subject matter expertise, design expertise and engagement management for SAP data and analytics solutions.
- Deep knowledge of the overall SAP BI/BW roadmap and experience with assisting clients to understand the myriad of options available to them. This should include preparing the business case to define an appropriate roadmap for their business and ultimately helping them in executing that roadmap.
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress.
- Help prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Build strong internal relationships within EY Consulting Services and with other services across the organization.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree and approximately 5+ years of related work experience.
- A degree in computer science, engineering or a related field (MBA or MS degree preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in implementing SAP BW/BI solutions Experience with IT strategy, solution, and enterprise architecture.
- Experience with SAP BPC (Business Planning & Consolidation) and/or BPC on HANA is nice to have.
- Deliver full life-cycle SAP reporting solutions (including Prepare, High Level Design, Detailed Design, Build, Test, Deploy and Support phases) in
- Business Intelligence (BI) using SAP HANA and BusinessObjects platforms or hybrid BW scenarios.
- Deep experience in SAP HANA data modeling using CDS Views, Calculation Views (Graphical and Scripted) as well as Virtual Data Models, HANA
- Data Provisioning and HANA security.
- Implementation/Migration experience of moving SAP BW to the SAP HANA platform as well as excellent experience with BW on HANA and BW/4HANA.
- Knowledge of SAP ECC data model and analysis is a must.Experience with SAP Reporting & Analytics front-end tools such as SAP Analytics Cloud and the BusinessObjects suite of products including Analysis for Office, Design Studio and Web Intelligence.
- Preferred candidates will have HANA Application/Implementation Certification as well as BW Certification.
- Open Group Certified Architect (I, II or II)
- Predictive Analytics Experience
- TOGAF Certified
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Systems thinking – the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Project and program management planning and organizational skills
- Ability to deal with abstract concepts and communicate these effectively through compelling written and graphical materials
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a team of technology advisors through all phases of the technology life cycle, including requirements definition, architecture, design, development, implementation, conversion and testing
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the IT Advisory space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
About EY Canada
EY is a global leader in advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our 212,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our people around the globe pursue the highest levels of integrity, quality and professionalism to provide clients with a broad array of services relating to audit, advisory, tax and transactions.
EY has 5000 professionals based in 16 locations across Canada who provide audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services to a range of industries.