Within EY’s Consulting – Technology Risk practice, we are currently seeking a Manager to participate in client engagement teams, whereby he/she will be assessing, improving and evaluating our Financial Services clients business and Information Technology (IT) processes and controls, predominantly in their IT environment. You will have the opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise to our clients in the following key areas:
- IT General Controls and Application Controls
- Data Analytics
- Service Organization Controls reports
- Compliance with various frameworks
- Through assisting other Consulting sub-services such as Internal Audit
- Performance Improvement and Cyber Security.
Your key responsibilities
- Analyze business, financial and IT systems, and other data processing problems to identify risks and improvements in computer systems and IT-enabled business processes.
- Leading and supporting the on-site coordination during engagements by planning and briefing teams on the client’s IT environment as well as industry IT trends, communicating with the clients and completing audit engagements.
- Assist clients in strengthening internal controls and improve IT and business performance. Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
- Ensure high quality in client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status, and managing staff performance.
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Cultivate business development opportunities.
- Demonstrating the ability to discuss and resolve audit issues and recommendations with client management.
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of complex information systems and applications to client situations
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong skills in project management and engagement closure
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and a strong desire to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, business and/or other related major.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in managing and/or leading projects, information technology operations, internal audit or internal controls; experience with the financial services sector is mandatory.
- Application control testing and/or implementation experience.
- Program and project delivery skills, including design, management and reporting.
- Possession of, or be actively pursuing, information systems auditing certifications or accounting designations such as Certified Information Systems
- Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), and Certified General Accountant (CGA).
- 5 years of experience in the field of IT auditing, IT Security, information technology operations or internal audit.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience with the following topics would be considered a strong asset:
- Cyber Program Management; Cyber Threat Management; Identity and Access Management; Data Protection and Privacy; Business Resilience; Data Analytics or Business Intelligence (design and/or execution); SAP and/or Oracle
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
About EY Canada
EY is a global leader in advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our 212,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our people around the globe pursue the highest levels of integrity, quality and professionalism to provide clients with a broad array of services relating to audit, advisory, tax and transactions.
EY has 5000 professionals based in 16 locations across Canada who provide audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services to a range of industries.