Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and a powerful product engine that is integral to innovation at scale. You will work with technologists and business specialists, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a champion for change and growth, you will be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The selected candidate will:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of large projects defining and managing scope, budget, timelines and quality, with full responsibility and authority to complete the assigned project using traditional and agile methodologies.
- Maintain project plans, anticipates, mitigates and handles project risks and ensures project timelines and budgets
- Lead project teams consisting of multi-functional, global and virtual groups and directly supervises staff, ensuring the appropriate expectations, principles, structures, tools and responsibilities are in place to deliver the plan and deliver excellence
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies such as the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, System Demos, and Iteration Retrospective.
- Support the Product Owner to manage the backlog and guide the team in balancing the priorities and scope.
- Ensure that the project follows established client and EY-specific processes.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Defines project scope and leads the development, documentation and implementation of large-scale projects and change initiatives in line with organizational policies and strategies, defining and maintaining realistic project plans and supervising progress against agreed quality and performance criteria in both traditional and Agile methodologies.
- Reviews and ensures project financial management and reporting to relevant parties
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions and documents functional requirements / specifications to capture business needs and validates and acquires sign off from business representative.
- Develops positive relationships across the business to facilitate open dialogue and identifies the communication needs of each interested party, ensuring engagement and acquiring formal agreement from relevant parties on scope, requirements and delivery
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Excellent knowledge of Project Management Processes, Agile Methodologies
- Demonstrable ability to use tools/ independent spreadsheets to help analyze earn vs burn rate/ earnings variances and other project financials.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, IT, Science, or other Technical qualification with 07-10 years in a corporate IT environment
PRINCE 2 / Project Management Professional (PMP) / Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or SAFe-certified
- Experience working in Software product development projects using traditional as well as Agile methodologies
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working with ADO
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
About EY Canada
EY is a global leader in advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our 212,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our people around the globe pursue the highest levels of integrity, quality and professionalism to provide clients with a broad array of services relating to audit, advisory, tax and transactions.
EY has 5000 professionals based in 16 locations across Canada who provide audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services to a range of industries.