Our Technology Consulting Data & Analytics practice works collaboratively with our clients to enhance their ability to use and interpret data and develop their own enhanced information management capabilities to support better decision making, along with guidance on how to govern, secure and promote trust in the data. Our clients need the vision to articulate the big picture and the precision to see the smallest of details.
We are working with our clients to understand their data environment and help them through their journey to become a data driven organization utilizing modern BI approaches and advance analytics.
We are currently looking for a strong data, apps and modern BI technical consultant to join our practice and help us meet the growing demand from our clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
Apply your knowledge and experience to support the delivery of key projects, build valuable relationships both within EY and with clients, and develop strong capabilities through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues across different functions.
We succeed when we combine high-performing team members from a variety of backgrounds. We are therefore looking for individuals with industry, consulting, delivery or vendor backgrounds. We will provide the required support to transition into the team if this is your first step into consultancy.
Skills And Attributes For Success
Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical delivery skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, data science, informatics, data analytics, engineering or a related field and approximately 2-4 years of related work experience.
- Interest in Data Analytics along with experience in programming is highly desired. You will need to demonstrate strong technical problem-solving abilities as well as clear proficiency in cloud technology.
- Experience with a range of data transformation and modelling tools, for example SQL, SSIS, SSAS, Azure Data Factory, Informatica, Power Query
- Experience with MS Power Platform (Power BI, Power Apps and Power Automate)
- Experience with a range of data visualization tools, for example Tableau, Qlik, SSRS, Cognos
- Experience with data virtualization, data automation, data architecture
- Experience with languages like SQL, DAX, Python and Scala
- Strong communication, presentation and business and technical writing skills;
- The ability to provide excellent client service and manage and build strong relationships both internally and externally, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills; and
- Awareness of emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience delivering solutions with the Microsoft data and analytics stack (Azure, Synapse, SQL, Power Platform, Visual Studio)
About EY Canada
EY is a global leader in advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our 212,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our people around the globe pursue the highest levels of integrity, quality and professionalism to provide clients with a broad array of services relating to audit, advisory, tax and transactions.
EY has 5000 professionals based in 16 locations across Canada who provide audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services to a range of industries.