EY is seeking a Senior, to join our Technology Risk team. This professional will manage engagement teams, as well as directly assist clients in employing information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk. The successful candidate will also work with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the business internal control process, and will assist clients and other IT professionals in performing information technology (IT) control and security engagements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Financial Audit IT Integration – Execution of IT-related audit procedures (including IT related procedures beyond ITGCs) in support of financial statement audits and reporting on internal controls over financial reporting (integrated and non-integrated audits)
- Internal Controls Attestations – Focus on providing an opinion on management’s assertion over business processes and controls including IT General Controls.
- Service organization reporting – Focus on the issuance of third-party reports in the form of 3416 reports, SOC 1 & SOC 2 reports, etc.
- Provide high quality professional day-to-day management of internal/external audit engagements/projects and understand EY’s practices and service offerings and identify potential opportunities to improve such service offerings
- Lead and support the on-site coordination role for audit clients including planning, briefing team on the client’s IT environment and industry IT trends, coaching and mentoring staff, communicating with the clients and completing audit engagements
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered.
- Support preparation of IT external audit reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of control structure, along with practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness, efficiency of control or process.
- Able to discuss and resolve IT audit issues and recommendations with client management.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Highly professional with the ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments
- Flexible with the ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build strong client relationships
- Strong team-working skills are essential
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- A passion to contribute to the growth of the practice
- Strong experience interacting with clients at all levels including Staff, Leadership and Partners
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior staff on engagements.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience in IT audits and/or risk assessments and/or technology evaluations;
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program required.
- Possessing relevant accounting/audit designation(s) or working towards one (e.g. CPA, CISA, CIA, CISSP, CISM) is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of COBIT, ITIL, NIST or other IT frameworks would be an asset.
- Experience with data and analytics tools such as ACL; providing IT support to non-IT auditors.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, OneNote and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Hands-on experience with project management or IT operations based in large enterprise resource planning systems such as SAP, Oracle and D365 or information security would be an asset.
What We Look For
As an ambassador for the Technology Risk team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients’ high expectations. We are seeking high-performing individuals who have been recognized for exceeding expectations. We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
About EY Canada
EY is a global leader in advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our 212,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our people around the globe pursue the highest levels of integrity, quality and professionalism to provide clients with a broad array of services relating to audit, advisory, tax and transactions.
EY has 5000 professionals based in 16 locations across Canada who provide audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services to a range of industries.