Within EY’s Service Delivery Center technology consulting practice, we are currently seeking a Senior Staff to participate in and supervise multiple client engagement teams and other related activities. This professional will serve as a fieldwork leader of our IT consulting services based out of the Halifax, NS area. The successful candidates have a successful track record as a leader amongst their peers, in their field, and in their community, and are ready for the next stage of their career journey.
Your key responsibilities
While the majority of work would be in Nova Scotia, some travel to the US and other Atlantic Provinces may be required.
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design and able to write effective APIs
- Write technical documentation and work with data scientists /analysts to improve software
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
To qualify for the role you must have
- A University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Consulting experience is considered an asset
- Experience working in the Public and Private sectors is considered an asset
- Experience working in the Financial sector is considered an asset
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the IT consulting space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
About EY Canada
EY is a global leader in advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our 212,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our people around the globe pursue the highest levels of integrity, quality and professionalism to provide clients with a broad array of services relating to audit, advisory, tax and transactions.
EY has 5000 professionals based in 16 locations across Canada who provide audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services to a range of industries.