EY is recognized as a leading independent provider of risk consulting services, supporting organizations manage their risks, exploit opportunities and operate effectively. Technology Risk sits within EY’s Risk business and forms part of a broader Consulting Services practice. In response to strong market demand, we are looking for a Staff Consultant to join our team who can work directly with clients, to help them understand and address the risks associated with the technologies that support their business.
Our clients operate in a world where achieving and sustaining performance is more difficult than ever. As a risk assurance professional, you will be focused on helping them to better manage their risks. To successfully turn risk into results, you’ll help our clients to become more effective at managing scarce resources, make better decisions and reduce their exposure to negative events. You’ll work in high-performing teams that drive growth and deliver exceptional client service, ensuring you play your part in building a better working world.
Your key responsibilities
- Analyze business, financial and IT systems, and other data processing problems to identify risks and improvements in computer systems and IT-enabled business processes.
- Assist clients in strengthening internal controls and improve IT and business performance. Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
- Ensure high quality in client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status, and managing staff performance.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of IT trends to identify the engagement and client service issues, and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Cultivate business development opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly professional with the ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments
- Flexible with the ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build strong client relationships
- Strong team-working skills are essential
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- A passion to contribute to the growth of the practice
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in information systems, commerce, computer science, engineering, business, finance and/or other related major
- Candidates must also possess or be actively pursuing related professional certifications such as CISA, CISSP, CISM or CIA.
- SOX experience considered an asset
- A minimum of 1 years of experience in managing and/or leading projects, information technology operations, internal audit or internal controls
- Experience with project management, information security or IT operations based in large enterprise resource planning systems, such as SAP would be considered an asset
- Willingness to travel
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in at least one of the following: financial statement audits; internal audits; operational audits; IT general controls assessments; Service Organization Control reporting engagements; and, ERP security and controls reviews (SAP, Oracle or PeopleSoft)
What we look for
As an ambassador for the IT Risk & Assurance team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients’ high expectations. We are seeking high-performing individuals who have been recognized for exceeding expectations.
Core consulting skills:
- Advanced data & evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation & continuous improvement
- Strong technical insight, practical knowledge & capability in your specialist capability Versatility
- Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment.
About EY Canada
EY is a global leader in advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. Our 212,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our people around the globe pursue the highest levels of integrity, quality and professionalism to provide clients with a broad array of services relating to audit, advisory, tax and transactions.
EY has 5000 professionals based in 16 locations across Canada who provide audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services to a range of industries.