We are now looking for a highly motivated and experienced leader to join our backend team as Node.js Backend Developer.
This is an amazing opportunity to join one of Canada’s most exciting growth companies!
This position is available for remote work. You must be located in Canada and must be within +/- 4 hours of Pacific Standard Time.
You will be responsible for:
- Extending our core technology platform using the latest AWS/Serverless microservice cloud technologies
- Helping build & test APIs to integrate with our Client SDKs and core consumer apps
- Collaborating daily with other amazing engineers
- Automated testing and deployments to ensure correct functionality and performance at scale
- Ensuring the live operation of the platform has appropriate monitoring & alerting that allow issues to be identified and addressed quickly and effectively
- Playing an active role in shaping our product and the future of our company
- Working with latest cloud-based infrastructure tools and concepts to deliver everything above
- Participating in product and feature planning to constructively solve problems quickly and communicate the results to the rest of the company
- Reporting on progress and release schedules to the VP, Engineering (API)
We will be excited if you:
- Are a cultural fit with our core values
- Great at communicating technical things, with sense of humour and fun
- Have a Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS), or related education
- A solid understanding of REST principles and how they apply to network services and applications
- Experience with the basics of OO software design, Test Driven Development (TDD), and development
- Specific experience with any parts of our tech stack is a major plus. Core technologies for this role are Node.js, AWS Lambda, S3, DynamoDB,
- ElasticSearch, Docker, Git, GraphQL.
- Strong ability to work independently
- Startup experience
- A public Github account
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing international company
- Flexibility around location
- An informal, fast-paced start-up culture
- Competitive salary plus
- Group benefits
- Employee share options, so you share directly in the success you help create
- Opportunity to have a major impact on how thousands of small businesses market themselves to consumers across the country.
About GetintheLoop Halifax
GetintheLoop is an intuitive mobile marketing platform that connects local businesses to local consumers directly on their mobile devices. A national company with local ownership in 90+ cities across Canada with opted-in members across Canada. We are a shop local community that delivers consumers more ways to explore, discover and shop local, wherever they are. By enabling businesses to provide real-time mobile offers across restaurants, retail, events and things to do, GetintheLoop helps people find and discover experiences, offers and prizes, making shopping local easy and rewarding.
Since 2013, GetintheLoop has been building mobile and location-based technology to connect local shoppers with local businesses and retail brands. Over this time, the company has launched in every province in Canada with over 5000+ local offers from brands, both big and small; making GetintheLoop the leading local offers platform in Canada.