As a Java Developer co-op, you will get the opportunity to learn valuable development skills using cutting edge technologies from highly skilled and professional peers. You will also be given the opportunity to contribute to the core technology and products. This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best Java developers and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Our developers take part in all aspects of the SDLC including design, development, testing and deployment. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you’ll fit in.
In this position, we are looking for a student or recent graduate, who has some sound understanding of core Java technology and software development methodologies.
- Work as part of an agile development team to write Java code for enterprise services
- Write unit and integration tests for your Java code
- Collaborate with QA in development of test cases for Java code
- Document code and document detail designs
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Student or recent graduate from a Computer Science or related field (those with co-op experience would be considered an asset)
- Course work or work experience with Java
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Agile development methodologies
- Test driven development
- Continuous integration systems
- Dependency injection containers
- Network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Service oriented architecture
- Web services technology such as REST, JSON, or Thrift
- Multi-threaded programming
- Design patterns
Technologies that we work with on a daily basis include:
- Message Brokers (Kafka, Pulsar)
- Object Storage (MinIO, Scality)
- Build Automation (Ansible)
- Containerization & Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Security (SSL, OAuth)
- Dependency injection frameworks (Spring)
- Code Security & Quality (SonarQube, Xray)
About Global Relay
Every day, your employees use communication platforms like email to talk to colleagues, customers, and counterparties. These platforms distribute critical information and keep your organization running efficiently. But they also produce a flood of data that can strain the resources of your IT and business teams.
We help organizations manage and control their communications data. Whether you want to meet regulatory requirements, streamline your eDiscovery process, or improve employee productivity, we can help you achieve your goals. Our services provide all employees with the tools and data they need - helping them make decisions and your organization stay competitive.
In 1999, we developed one of the first cloud computing services. Our innovative email archiving service addressed the growing need for corporate email management. Since then, the world has changed rapidly. Organizations have adopted new methods of communication, data volumes have risen exponentially, and regulatory and corporate governance requirements for recordkeeping and supervision have become increasingly strict. Through it all, we have continued to innovate to help our customers manage, control, and profit from their data.
Today, we operate at the intersection of two of the biggest technology trends – cloud and big data. We manage petabytes of critical data for the world's largest and most powerful organizations. Our team delivers services to more than 20,000 customers in 90 countries, with a focus on financial services and other highly regulated industries.